Input Switching Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-03-2013, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

This morning when I switched the Denon 3808CI from the CD input to the Sat HDMI input, the output to the TV looked similar to the image below.

ngac.png

Sometimes if I press the SAT button on the Denon remote, allowing time for the input to completely switch, the display can become normal. Sometimes, the normal display will get messed up again like the image above.

Sometimes when the display is normal and I press the SAT button, after the display returns the entire image on the screen is normal, but for a half of a second has a pink hue.

I can also toggle the input on the TV to an analog input and then switch back to the HDMI input from the Denon and that will immediately clear up the display.

Sometimes the lower-half of the display is black and other times the lower-half looks like the above image.

I've turned off the receiver with the small power button (the main shut off not the standby) and that didn't clear the problem. I've just saved the configuration and I plan on doing a full reset.

Looks like some sort of HDMI switching problem, but it's not consistent. I'm not 100 percent certain it's the Denon, it could be the TV for all I know.

Please help.

Purk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-04-2013, 02:41 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 1509
Sat boxes often have HDMI handshake issues with AVRs. Try powering off all devices, then power on the TV, wait a few secs, then the AVR, wait a few secs, then the Sat box. You may want to consider using a Harmony remote as an easier way to program the above to occur with the press of a single button. smile.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 5 Old 09-04-2013, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't perform the full reset, but I did turn everything off and back on. For the time being the AVR seems to be working normally. For all the years that I have owned the AVR and Sat box, that was the first time that has happened.

Thank you for your reply.

Purk
post #4 of 5 Old 09-05-2013, 03:11 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 1509
In some instances, a firmware update to the sat/cable box has been known to introduce an HDMI handshake so check to see if your box got a recent update.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5 of 5 Old 10-07-2013, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

This is a quick one month update.

At this time, everything is working fine. I checked the Sat box and it is still using the same firmware. For whatever the reason for the glitch, the problem hasn't returned since turning off the TV.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Purk
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3808ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page