Denon AVR 1909 shut off automatically with red light flashing afterwards - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-04-2013, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi, I recently bought a Karaok mixer (Allen&Heath ZED-10FX), hoping to add to my existing HT system. I am facing two problems now:
1. I am currently using HDMI to connect my laptop and receiver (Denon AVR 1909), and then receiver HDMI out to projector. The receiver is connected to my projector ONLY through HDMI, so is that possible to have video output from existing HDMI between laptop and receiver and audio from a different analog channel on the receiver at the same time?

2. My denon receiver automatically shut off with red light flashing for a couple seconds, whenever I sang with a high pitch (not actually very high though), and this happens frequently. Is this because the receiver can't handle the signal? Or did I make the wrong connection/settings? I thought this receiver should be OK because it has maximum output power of 90W per channel, while around 85W/channel is recommended for karaok.

has anyone seen this problem before? Any solution for both? Thank you guys in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-05-2013, 03:51 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1023 Post(s)
Liked: 1506
1. As long as the analog input is connected to the same source name used for the laptop (eg. DVD/DVD) then you can change the "INPUT MODE" setting to "Analog" and the audio would come from the analog input.
2. Check your speaker wiring for a loose strand from one post touching another. Also ensure you are using the correct audio output connections from the Karaoke mixer to the analog inputs on the AVR.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 8 Old 09-05-2013, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 2113 had several episodes of random shut offs. I did the micro-processor reset numerous times and I called Denon tech support each time and even w/ their help the problem was never solved. I did get a refund and I will say Denon tech was professional and did what they could to walk me through their tech steps in an attempt to solve the problem.

If you're still having issues, give Denon a call.

Still a stereo Noob, Denon 2113 w/ Arx5 & A1b surrounds.
post #4 of 8 Old 09-05-2013, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Assuming the Denon AVR works OK for other sources... 😃

Try lowering the input level of the mixer down, if you want more system volume you can turn up the Denon..
You may be overloading the input stage of the Denon..

Just my $0.02... 👍😉
post #5 of 8 Old 09-06-2013, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

1. As long as the analog input is connected to the same source name used for the laptop (eg. DVD/DVD) then you can change the "INPUT MODE" setting to "Analog" and the audio would come from the analog input.
2. Check your speaker wiring for a loose strand from one post touching another. Also ensure you are using the correct audio output connections from the Karaoke mixer to the analog inputs on the AVR.

Thanks! I will try to see if it works to separate Analog audio from HDMI, but it makes a lot sense, will let you guys know:). For the auto shut-off problem, it happens ONLY when I singing through mixer...
post #6 of 8 Old 09-06-2013, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Code View Post

Assuming the Denon AVR works OK for other sources... 😃

Try lowering the input level of the mixer down, if you want more system volume you can turn up the Denon..
You may be overloading the input stage of the Denon..

Just my $0.02... 👍😉

yes, it does not have any problem with other sources. where can I find the info for input stage of the Denon? I dont think I used a very high pitch, and so was a little bit surprise that it can't handle it. I will try it again tonight, thanks!
post #7 of 8 Old 09-13-2013, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you guys, I tried it out tonight, it worked! I switch the input mode to analog on receiver, and now the audio goes through mixer and video is still through HDMI.

For auto shut off problem, I turn down the mixer output a little bit, and it seems getting better. thought it still happened a couple times with high pitch. what else I could try to make this better?
post #8 of 8 Old 09-14-2013, 10:58 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1023 Post(s)
Liked: 1506
Turn down the mixer volume even more. wink.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1909 7 1 Channel Multizone Home Theater Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page