Denon AVR-1912 Receiver not recognizing Energy 5.1 Subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-06-2013, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone! I've done some searching around on these forums and I can't quite find an answer to what my problem is.

I have had a Denon AVR-1912 receiver with Energy 5.1 speakers and subwoofers for awhile, but I have recently noticed that the subwoofer isn't producing any bass (oops). It is connected to a power source and I connected it with a Y cable (connected to the receiver with the left output, as directed in these forums) but I still am hearing nothing. I went through the setup multiple times which includes a microphone that I connect to the receiver so it can check the sound levels, but even that doesn't discover the subwoofer.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can provide more info if necessary. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-06-2013, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Note: I know the subwoofer works because it is producing heat. Unfortunately, that's about all it does.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-06-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1162
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschroed22 View Post

Note: I know the subwoofer works because it is producing heat. Unfortunately, that's about all it does.

If it produces heat, all you know for sure is that it is receiving power. It's status as a working device is questionable.

Find the RCA cable that runs from the AVR to the sub. Unplug it at the AVR end and touch the center pin of the RCA plug with your finger. The subwoofer should produce a clearly audible hum. If it does not hum, make sure that the input gain control has not been turned all the way down.

If it fails these tests, its amplifier is probably history or the driver is fried.. You then have a repair or replace question before you. If it is still in warranty, then you will probably want to repair it. If it is out of warranty you may want to contact the manufacturer or a local elextronics shop and enquire about repaiing it. If it cost you much less than $200 you may wish to dustbin it, because it will cost more to have it inspected prior to actual repair than it is really worth.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-06-2013, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschroed22 View Post

First tip: skip the Y-connector and hook-up sub to receiver via and RCA to RCA cable directly.

Cheers, Feri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 Old 09-06-2013, 02:22 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Yup .... sounds like the sub is toast. eek.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" –
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1912 Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page