Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Innsmouth (look it up)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Okay, time to update my set up! I currently have a Frankenstein system with a mix of speakers and an old but still AMAZING Sherwood RVD 6090R (12 years old!) and I really want a decent value receiver that will or at least SHOULD last me along time.
I don't want to have to replace for at least Five years as I like to get my moneys worth and don't like to buy junk even if it IS cheap.
So, I've already pretty much ruled out Onkyo as being too junky and unreliable.
My needs are simple...
1. 5.1 Audio with all HD Audio processing (7.1 will certainly be considered but not needed)
2. GOOD power as I am planning on getting the Andrew Jones Pioneer speaker set up and they need to be driven pretty well for best sound at 6 ohms. HONEST power ratings at 5.1 are most appreciated.
3. LOTS of inputs including component as we have LOTS of stuff connected.
4. If possible one cable HDMI out with upconversion for easy connectivity to TV. Wanted but can live without
5. Good price or at least bang for buck!
Considering the Sony STR-DN1040 right now which I can't BELIEVE because I always found their offerings to be overpriced and not too good in Receivers for the last 15 years at the lower price points.
Some concerns about issues in that model though so I wonder if it is worth it for me to try to get a Costco membership and buy a receiver there as they are supposed to have the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee...
Does anyone know on that guarantee if you have to maintain the membership forever? Like if it craps out in three years and I don't have a current membership can I still get the guarantee?
Someone who truly loves others speaks the truth, not just what they want to hear.