New system setup, opinions please. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-09-2013, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,
I Never had a system before except for an Panasonic HTIB from over 10 years ago. Needless to say it sucked and is way outdated. I'm thinking of picking up the denon AVR-3313CI because I also want to power speakers in my garage and patio. However I don't have much left over to spend on the speakers to go with it. I was thinking of pairing the 5.1 for movies with the Pioneer SP-PK52FS setup (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Speakers/Home+Theater+Speakers/SP-PK52FS). I can add the other speakers for the patio and garage later. I read this system is a lot of bang for the buck, I figured I could use this for a few years until my wife finishes her doctorate, then I can afford the Klipsch setup I want. My budget is about what the pioneer 5.1 speakers go for, do you think this is a good temporary setup for this receiver or should I look at another option in this price range?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-09-2013, 02:31 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked: 1608
Unless there is a specific feature the 3313CI offers that you want/need tat is not found on the 2113CI, the 2113CI would be a more cost effective purchase and still provides the same Zone 2 capability.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 09-09-2013, 04:21 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcemaxwell View Post

Hello all,
I Never had a system before except for an Panasonic HTIB from over 10 years ago. Needless to say it sucked and is way outdated. I'm thinking of picking up the denon AVR-3313CI because I also want to power speakers in my garage and patio. However I don't have much left over to spend on the speakers to go with it. I was thinking of pairing the 5.1 for movies with the Pioneer SP-PK52FS setup (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Speakers/Home+Theater+Speakers/SP-PK52FS). I can add the other speakers for the patio and garage later. I read this system is a lot of bang for the buck, I figured I could use this for a few years until my wife finishes her doctorate, then I can afford the Klipsch setup I want. My budget is about what the pioneer 5.1 speakers go for, do you think this is a good temporary setup for this receiver or should I look at another option in this price range?
Thanks.

That would be a step up from your old panny HTIB. But unless you really need the 3313 for other reasons, it's way overkill and expensive. If you are just looking for a simple HT 5.1 with zone 2 capability and airplay, look at the Denon 1913 and save more money for speakers.

My Gear
post #4 of 4 Old 09-09-2013, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the replies, and I liked the 3313 because it has the zone 3. That way I can independently control the patio and garage, so if I'm working in the garage the outside speakers are not active. I know you can buy a speaker selector but I would rather use that money on a better receiver or speakers.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Pioneer Andrew Jones Sp Fs52 Flr Stand Loudspeaker , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver
Gear in this thread - 2113ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page