AVS Forum banner
680 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  brentsg 
#1 ·
I've decided to replace my 11 year old Denon 3803 receiver with a new or used AVR that has HDMI connections. My price range is between $300 to $400. The theater room is small and the Mirage OmniPolar Sat speakers(5 of them) don't require a lot of power so that should help on the price side. I would like Audyssey room setup and any other nice feature that anyone would recommend. Thanks in advance for any ideas. I tried searching on this question and wasn't able to find any similar posts, although I'm sure they are buried in here somewhere.

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB  /t/1490192/low-cost-replacement-avr-what-is-the-best#post_23724106

I've decided to replace my 11 year old Denon 3803 receiver with a new or used AVR that has HDMI connections.

HDMI is standard on all mainstream AVRs.
Quote:
My price range is between $300 to $400. The theater room is small and the Mirage OmniPolar Sat speakers(5 of them) don't require a lot of power so that should help on the price side. I would like Audyssey room setup and any other nice feature that anyone would recommend. Thanks in advance for any ideas. I tried searching on this question and wasn't able to find any similar posts, although I'm sure they are buried in here somewhere.

Check acessories4less.com and ecost.com and see what refurbed Onkyo or Denon fits into your cost constraints.

Give preference to models with the Audyssey Multieq (good) or Audyssey Multieq XT (better).

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ublguy23  /t/1490192/low-cost-replacement-avr-what-is-the-best#post_23735360

Call Fry's website or store? I called website they quoted $600. Thanks for your tip and advice.

Website, perhaps the sale ended. It was in the weekly ad and free shipping via online. I think the web store was price matching the store ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.