Help Needed Setting up my Yamaha Receiver RX-V575 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-11-2013, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Cyborg_Optoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi All -

Need some input from the GEEKS...smile.gif


I just got this receiver few days back.. was holding off from getting any AVR since quite few years.. as I have been using this Sound System Logitech Z906...till recently. As soon as I got the receiver I also happen to get these two floor standing speakers...

Now I am planning to use these floor standing speakers along with few of the satellites from Z906.. is it ok to do that ? any harm to receiver.. like what settings should I use.. say for ex for impedance etc ?

Another big task is how to use the sub woofer from Z906 ? I have been reading it is possible using some RCA cables etc... but quite not sure how to get it done... I also happen to have another sub woofer from Logitech Z2300... so also want make use of it.. if I can... as I see there is a possibility of using two sub woofers with this receiver.

I just order this speaker cables & these banana plugs, so I can connect the two floor standing speakers and also use the wires to connect the satellites to the receiver.


Noob here in AVR world....Sorry for lot of url's in the post... Highly appreciate some good advice setting up my HTS with my current available speakers..

Plan to complete my HTS with rest of the speakers as time goes by and budget is available..wink.gif


Try 1: Used HDMI from AVR to TV and plugged in just optical cable from woofer to AVR.. thinking it might show output of my PC on TV using HMDI.. which it did... and will output/bypass sound from sub woofer and satellites connected to it using the optical cable connection going from sound system to AVR.. silly me.. i know it would not work... tongue.gif

TIA



Images:


Z906 Sub Woofer Connections



Z2300 Sub Woofer Connections ( only one option )



Z906 Satellites



Cyborg_Optoma is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
This ^ exactly what I'd like to know. Anyone know?
qal1h is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blackssr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hook the speakers directly tho the AVR.
Right Front, Left Front and Center, etc. with speaker wire/banana plugs. Red to red and Black to Black

Get a Y cable from Radio Shack and hook the subs up the the LFE out of the AVR. This connection would be with an RCA Cable. Usually the yellow "line" in is correct female on the subs.
blackssr is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 381
connect the four satellites for surround duty using standard speaker wire.

Don't use the center as you want a matching center for your new towers.

Your receiver has dual sub outputs so connect one output to each sub using a RCA/subwoofer cable.

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Connect the four satellites using standard speaker wire directly to the receiver.

The receiver has dual sub outputs so connect one sub per output with a RCA/subwoofer cable.

buy a matching center for your new Infinity towers. The Logitech center wont match.

Buy one of the 4 speakers as a center

1. Infinity PC351
2. Infinity PC251
3. Infinity P163 if you have room for an upright center
4. Infinity P153 (smaller than 163) if you have room for an upright center

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for the help.

So basically the z906 sub doesnt have output (thats what we need to connect to AVR right?) it only has input three digital audio inputs (two optical and one coaxial)

Last edited by qal1h; Yesterday at 02:21 PM.
qal1h is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Cyborg_Optoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by qal1h View Post
This ^ exactly what I'd like to know. Anyone know?
what the heck.. qal1h... saw your PM..otherwise I wouldn't not have know someone is updating this old thread which didn't get any attention earlier and now all want to answer..lol.. man you are lucky.. that you got input on how to setup the existing speakers from the Z906 system.. I just figured it out using google and going though lot of forums.. thread.. and finally sold my z906 and got all infinity primus line speakers for towers, surrounds and center.... but I think I did try to plug in the satellites and center to the back of the receiver.. and I don't remember cealrlt now as its been a long time I created this thread and did all my tests ... I think I did get sound out of satellites and center but then I became sub less.. as I think I tried the y cable thing going in to receiver and it didn't work..

sorry my friend.. I think I was able to get the satellites and center to work but not the woofer even by using the y cable.. is what I can say.. but please try it for your self..


Once I started to build the HTS with infinity primus line.. actually as soon as I got the receiver.. the HTS bug hit me and I have been crazily buying speakers and subs.. lol now my system is 7.2..

good luck
Cyborg_Optoma is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by qal1h View Post
Thanks for the help.

So basically the z906 sub doesnt have output (thats what we need to connect to AVR right?) it only has input three digital audio inputs (two optical and one coaxial)
No, you need to send the signal from the receiver's sub output to the logitech's input. Look at input #2 on the back of the sub. If you connect the sub cable to either white or red input you should get sound.

Afro GT

Last edited by afrogt; Yesterday at 09:46 PM.
afrogt is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old Today, 02:53 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg_Optoma View Post
what the heck.. qal1h... saw your PM..otherwise I wouldn't not have know someone is updating this old thread which didn't get any attention earlier and now all want to answer..lol.. man you are lucky.. that you got input on how to setup the existing speakers from the Z906 system.. I just figured it out using google and going though lot of forums.. thread.. and finally sold my z906 and got all infinity primus line speakers for towers, surrounds and center.... but I think I did try to plug in the satellites and center to the back of the receiver.. and I don't remember cealrlt now as its been a long time I created this thread and did all my tests ... I think I did get sound out of satellites and center but then I became sub less.. as I think I tried the y cable thing going in to receiver and it didn't work..

sorry my friend.. I think I was able to get the satellites and center to work but not the woofer even by using the y cable.. is what I can say.. but please try it for your self..


Once I started to build the HTS with infinity primus line.. actually as soon as I got the receiver.. the HTS bug hit me and I have been crazily buying speakers and subs.. lol now my system is 7.2..

good luck
Hehe sorry man, I think more and more people are into HTS stuff since you last asked your question

But I feel the same bug coming, been looking into buying a receiver and speakers since, seemingly its not possible to connect the z906 sub.

Did you notice a big difference in sound from Z906 optical/digital and DTS-MA or TrueHD sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
No, you need to send the signal from the receiver's sub output to the logitech's input. Look at input #2 on the back of the sub. If you connect the sub cable to either white or red input you should get sound.
I will try this if I get ever get the receiver, but since this is theory, might just hold off till I am ready for a full setup...
qal1h is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V575 7 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Logitech Z2300
Gear in this thread - Z2300 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off