The most basic and common way of connecting your gear would be as follows:
1) Connect the blu-ray player via HDMI cable to HDMI input labled blu-ray on the back of the 809.
2) Connect the 809 main HDMI output to any HDMI input on your TV
3) Connect you main left and right speakers to the the left and right speaker binding post on the back of the onkyo using 12 or 14 awg speaker wire.
4) Connect the center channel speaker to the center channel binding post on the back of the onkyo using 12 or 14 awg speaker wire.
5) Connect the surround channels to the L and R surround channel (note surround channel, not rear surround, which is only used in a 7.1 or more set up) binding post on the back of the onkyo using 12 or 14 awg speaker wire.
6) Using a coax audio cable connect the sub preout on the back of the onkyo to the LFE input on your subwoofer.
I don't need snobs to tell me how to think, thank you!LOL!Why you wouldn't want to join this forum