Onkyo NR515 keeps resetting subwoofer and central levels to some preset - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-14-2013, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It does it every few days, so I have to go to quick setup > audio and change them back to 0's every time. Any idea why it's doing it? I suppose it could be Audissey?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-14-2013, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
The quick setup changes aren't kept on my Onkyo once you power off. Not clear why you are changing them to "zero", why are you doing that? Did you do a full setup with Audyssey and don't like the sub and center settings?

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #3 of 4 Old 10-14-2013, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ya, I suppose they were set by Audessey. Can I change those settings to something else and keep them that way?
post #4 of 4 Old 10-14-2013, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Sure you can change them from what Audyssey and your avr do during auto setup; keep in mind they weren't set to zero by the auto setup for no reason....

Do you prefer just doing it by ear or are you using an spl meter and tape measure? Just use the main menu instead of the quick setup. I think what my manual (for a different Onkyo model) says, as long as you go to the main menu while the changed settings are in place they'll keep them but you should double check.

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr515
Gear in this thread - Nr515 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page