Denon 3313CI always switches to TV Audio when using HDMI ARC feature - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-15-2013, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have searched around the forum and the web and it looks like there is no solution to this, but maybe I am missing something.

My TV (Samsung LED 8000 series) is connected to my Denon via HDMI ARC. It sounds like to get ARC working, you need to turn the HDMI Control on with the Denon which I did. The problem is, now whenever I turn on the TV, it always changes the input on the Denon to TV AUDIO, which I do NOT want. I am using ARC so when I watch Netflix via the built in app on the TV, I can hear it through the receiver. However my DirecTV is hooked up to my CAB/SAT input.

So when I want to watch regular TV, I turn my TV on, turn my receiver on and then need to wait 5-10 seconds for the input to automatically go to TV AUDIO, and then switch it back to CAB/SAT.

Here are my options - none of which are ideal...

1) What I am currently doing... wait a couple seconds for the input to automatically change to TV AUDIO and then change it back to CAB/SAT with my receiver remote

2) Most of our TV watching is DirecTV, so on the receiver, turn HDMI Control off. Then whenever we want to watch Netflix, turn it back on.

I want to use HDMI ARC... I dont want to run an optical cable.

Are there any other options?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-15-2013, 09:28 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1848 Post(s)
Liked: 1718
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/0_100#user_E4

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page