Yamaha RX-V3900 And Windows 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-16-2013, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The discovery of AVS Forums many years ago was solely instrumental in my RX-V3900 purchase.

The primary use of this receiver was to exploit the Network options with special emphasis on music streaming from my PC and distributing to additional zones.
It has been flawless with Windows XP and Windows 7. Unfortunately Windows 8 has presented an unwanted challenge to which I have not been able to overcome.
This has basic rendered the receiver useless at this point.

I am seeking the assistance of this community in overcoming this challenge and restore my network options to its former glory.

The RX-V3900 is hard wired to my network via CAT 5E cables.
As mentioned above, music streaming was flawless in Windows XP and Windows 7.
Windows 8 also streams fine, but it is almost impossible to use.

The PC contains my music collection spanning many years, many genres and totaling over 100,000 MP3 files sorted on the PC by folders.
With previous Operating Systems, I was able to navigate on the RX-V3900 Menu Interface using folders as organized on my PC.
I can navigate to specific folders and play specific files.

Since the addition of Windows 8, folders no longer exist.
All 100,000 plus music tracks are simply listed on the RX-V3900 in alphabetical and numerical order.
It a flat file list.
It is now impractical for me to navigate to a music file beginning with the letter "S" (for example) as I would have to scroll through almost the entire list alphabetically.

I would be eternally grateful if it were possible to evoke a solution that would return my folder list.

The RX-V3900 is running the latest firmware 1.21.
Additional information available on request..

Thanks in advance.

Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-18-2014, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Lee!
How did you go with getting that to work?

I have the same AV Receiver and network setup, my RX-V3900 plugged into my 4 Port ADSL Router, my PC plugged into my ADSL Router too but I cant see the RX-V3900 Receiver come up as a device for me to stream to it nor can my 3900 see the folders on my PC.

I can open up the webcontrol page on my PC at 192.168.0.2 so there is no problem seeing the receiver.

Did you have any issues? Does your Net Radio work? My 3900 just says "Access Error" when I attempt to use Net Radio or upgrade the firmware via the network option instead of USB indicating that the 3900 cant see the internet. But I have port forwarded to the 3900 and can view the webcontrol page externally so the 3900 definitely has connection to the outside world....

Any ideas?
Your or anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V3900bl Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page