Best AVR with preouts under $1000 ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-16-2013, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I currently have a Denon 2113ci powering my L/R speakers ( Arx A5s) but will be expanding to a 5.1 system within the year ( probably all Arx - I have the A1bs for surround duty and will be getting the A2c center channel when it becomes available).

I will probably see how my Denon responds to a full 5.1 system ( the .1 being a PSA XV-15), but am worried it may not be enough - thus my question.

Don't see another sub in the near future, so don't NEED .2 capability on the AVR ( or possibly Audyssey XT32).......would be nice to have, though.

Would probably use a Crown amp (or other Class D amp) for power.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-16-2013, 01:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 1061
Quote:
Originally Posted by padgman1 View Post

I currently have a Denon 2113ci powering my L/R speakers ( Arx A5s) but will be expanding to a 5.1 system within the year ( probably all Arx - I have the A1bs for surround duty and will be getting the A2c center channel when it becomes available).

I will probably see how my Denon responds to a full 5.1 system ( the .1 being a PSA XV-15), but am worried it may not be enough - thus my question.

Don't see another sub in the near future, so don't NEED .2 capability on the AVR ( or possibly Audyssey XT32).......would be nice to have, though.

Would probably use a Crown amp (or other Class D amp) for power.........

If you add a larger amp, be sure to get one that is rated for 1,000 watts or more. Anything less won't be that much louder, it will only sound less than twice as loud. Then, if you actually use all that power, your existing speakers will probably not be able to take all that power. They are only rated for use with amps up to 300 watts. A 300 watt would only be about 4 dB louder, which is audible, but nothing to write home about.

But getting back to your question, the Onkyo av NR818 has full preamp outs: (FRONT L/R, CENTER, SURR L/R, SB/FH/FW*,
SUBWOOFER) About $800 new on Amazon new (recently onsale for 1 day @$649), or $649 any day as a refurb with warranty at accesories4less.com .
post #3 of 4 Old 09-16-2013, 02:15 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
On the Denon side, the lowest model with a full set of 7.2 pre-outs is the new X4000 while on the Marantz side the SR5008. The X4000 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 + Sub EQ HT (dual subs) while the 5008 and 6008 both feature Audyssey MultEQ XT.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4 of 4 Old 09-16-2013, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Thanks, Arny and jd.....

Question: Would reasonable additional amplification( 150-300 wpc) to L/C/R speakers provide a "better sound" ( meaning lower distortion) at higher listening levels in this scenario, given that my Denon 2113ci probably can't hit ~100wpc for all 5 channels if driven simultaneously?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr6008
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page