"Official" Emotiva UMC-200 Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 455 Old 08-23-2014, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Hopefully and easy question, but how to you measure each individual speaker? Unplug all the connections to the amp minus the one you're measuring? if so, hope to you apply the PEQ? I have unplugged all the connections to the amp except for the center channel, and it does not seem to be applying the EQ settings I generate from REW after I manually enter them.

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences."Robert Green Ingersoll

Noman74656's Martycube Builds
My Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 455 Old 08-23-2014, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noman74656 View Post
Hopefully and easy question, but how to you measure each individual speaker? Unplug all the connections to the amp minus the one you're measuring? if so, hope to you apply the PEQ? I have unplugged all the connections to the amp except for the center channel, and it does not seem to be applying the EQ settings I generate from REW after I manually enter them.
Yes. Unplug like u did. Settings should save.
post #453 of 455 Old 08-23-2014, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post
Yes. Unplug like u did. Settings should save.
Excellent, but when I highlight manual EQ 1, then run REW again, the measurements look the same as before. Actually, identical nearly. Is there another setting I'm missing? The only mode that the test signal will come through is "All Stereo", right? The only other ones I can select are "Stereo" and "Direct" but no sound come through the center then.

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences."Robert Green Ingersoll

Noman74656's Martycube Builds
My Theater

Last edited by Noman74656; 08-23-2014 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Addition detail
post #454 of 455 Old 08-23-2014, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
^
Thanks! and do you think sending the signals over airplay through the Apple TV would work equally as well? I tried that the other day and it seemed to work fine.
I wouldn't do that. Too many things can go wrong.

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole

Last edited by markus767; 08-23-2014 at 12:37 PM.
post #455 of 455 Old 08-23-2014, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Quote:
Excellent, but when I highlight manual EQ 1, then run REW again, the measurements look the same as before. Actually, identical nearly. Is there another setting I'm missing? The only mode that the test signal will come through is "All Stereo", right? The only other ones I can select are "Stereo" and "Direct" but no sound come through the center then.
Did you study the signal flow charts that I've posted in this thread? Get familiar with them. This will explain why you don't see PEQ changes in the center.

Use the analog out of your Mac and send the signal to one of the analog inputs of the UMC-200. AN 1 L for example. Then simply connect the speaker you want to measure to the L preamp out.

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva Umc 200 7 1 Home Theater Preamp Surround Processor , Onkyo Tx Nr3008 9 2 Channel Network Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 2312ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page