Forum Jump: 

post #511 of 512 Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
Every speaker/room needs room correction so either you do it yourself (be prepared for a steep learnign curve) or have an automated solution. Any AVR with XT32 will do.

The UMC-200 has some known quirks and flaws which will probably never be corrected by Emotiva - see post 1. The only feature really justifying the investment is PEQs.

I would disagree. I have a Harmon Kardon AVR 8000 and a couple of Sony ES SACD players that work fine. The HK is a beast and probably their last great receiver with a heck of an amp and the sacd players don't have HDMI, of course the HK doesn't have HDMI either. I am leaning towards using the pre-inputs on the HK to drive the amps on the receiver and the Emotiva would successfully incorporate my older and still going strong components with it's own pre inputs and I would finally be able to stop using digital outs and HDMI at the same time and simplify the wiring. The Outlaw doesn't have pre inputs and I don't want to spend over a grand on a receiver that has them.

I haven't made up my mind but the Emotiva seems to solve my puzzle. Unfortunately, I have heard to many Onkyo horror stories which includes a relative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 512 Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Liked: 277
^
That's a special case but it would work. I guess you already know that the UMC-200 can't process the 7.1 analog inputs.

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva Umc 200 7 1 Home Theater Preamp Surround Processor , Onkyo Tx Nr3008 9 2 Channel Network Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 2312ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page