"Official" Emotiva UMC-200 Thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #601 of 612 Old 11-29-2014, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unhappy

Thank you so much for the response. No, i can't get the the tv to find the HDMI connection from the UMC-200 so I can't even see the OSD. I wonder if his unit has a bad video card. The HDMI will pass sound to the UMC-200 but the pre pro won't communicate with the tv. I have tried disabling the anynet+ on the TV and still nothing. This is driving me crazy. I have tried 3 different cables and still nothing. I am convinced that the HDMI cables and the TV are not the problem. It has to be the prepro unless there is something I am missing. The UMC200 doesn't allow me much to do from its own display. I have been setting up AV equipment for 25 years so I am not a rookie at this. I am just befuddled by this HDMI connection problem.

Last edited by JerryIII; 11-29-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 612 Old 11-29-2014, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked: 417
^
Disable CEC in the UMC-200 as well. Disconnect all devices from the UMC-200 and the TV. Switch everything off. Connect the UMC-200 to the TV via HDMI (make sure to connect it correctly in case you're using a directional HDMI cable). Then switch on the TV, after that switch on the UMC-200. Still no picture? If not, power on in reverse order. If all fails then contact Emotiva customer support.

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
post #603 of 612 Old 11-29-2014, 03:07 PM

Should I unhook everything from the TV? Maybe then restart it without any connections? The HDMI cables that are currently hooked up to the TV aren't hooked up to anything else. I am using mono price cables that are relatively new. Everything I hook up directly to the source works fine. Just the umc Is giving me problems. I will say this, when the Connect the TV while the UMC is on I get a momentary sound mute from the umc so it knows that something has happened.
post #604 of 612 Old 11-29-2014, 03:09 PM

I dont know how to disable CEC from the umc cause I can't see the OSD. Is there a way to do that from the umc display?
post #605 of 612 Old 11-29-2014, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryIII View Post
Should I unhook everything from the TV? Maybe then restart it without any connections? The HDMI cables that are currently hooked up to the TV aren't hooked up to anything else. I am using mono price cables that are relatively new. Everything I hook up directly to the source works fine. Just the umc Is giving me problems. I will say this, when the Connect the TV while the UMC is on I get a momentary sound mute from the umc so it knows that something has happened.
Did you read my last post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryIII View Post
I dont know how to disable CEC from the umc cause I can't see the OSD. Is there a way to do that from the umc display?
Main Menu > System Setup > Features > HDMI CEC Control

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
post #606 of 612 Old 11-29-2014, 03:29 PM

Thank you so much for the responses. I will try unhooking all connections from the TV and start over. I have tried unhooking HDMI 1 from the TV and hooking it to the umc and then rehooking to the TV but I have not tried letting the TV see no connections at all even though none of them were connected to a source.

As for the second part of your post, can I do that without seeing the OSD on the TV? The only thing I can seem to find in the menu on the front of the umc is the inputs. If I could in fact see the settings on the umc display then I think you may have found the magic bullet. I can't seem to find out how to get to system setup.

Thanks again for your time.
post #607 of 612 Old 11-29-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
Did you read my last post?

Main Menu > System Setup > Features > HDMI CEC Control
Markus, how do I get to system setup without having the OSD?
post #608 of 612 Old 11-29-2014, 09:17 PM

Ok I tried it all and it didn't work. I think this unit is defective. I figured out the interface and I turned of all of the CEC for both the TV and the pre pro off and still no dice.

Last edited by JerryIII; 11-29-2014 at 09:59 PM.
post #609 of 612 Old 11-30-2014, 01:18 PM

Anyone else out there with ideas?

Thanks,
post #610 of 612 Old 11-30-2014, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
You've more than covered your bases. Get an RMA, and exchange it. It should be plug and play out of the box.
post #611 of 612 Old 12-01-2014, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I spoke to Emotiva today and they are sending another unit.

Thanks again,

Jerry
post #612 of 612 Old Today, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 37
OK folks, the word is out, UMC-200 is no more. U can (1) go Dangit just can't keep up with the Joneses! or (2) I got the last stable UMC-200 in production!

Future: Folks going for the more expensive XMC-1 or the rumored UMC-500, price unknown.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva Umc 200 7 1 Home Theater Preamp Surround Processor , Onkyo Tx Nr3008 9 2 Channel Network Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread