"Official" Emotiva UMC-200 Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #721 of 727 Old 03-29-2015, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
^
Are you referring to this page?
https://mehlau.net/audio/room-correction-peq/

I'd recommend to start with an area the size of a football.
Great thanks. Will have another play. Pleased with the results with just using a few points and averaging, but I think this method should improve things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 727 Old 03-29-2015, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
Great link, thanks !!!
post #723 of 727 Old 06-09-2015, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,

I have had a UMC-200 for about a year. Overall I've found the UMC-200 to be an extremely reliable unit (after too many bad HDMI experiences with Onkyo).

My UMC drives a current gen JVC PJ that supports 4k at 24 Hz (3840 x 2160) over HDMI 1.4. My computer's nvidia 960 can successfully drive 4k when connected directly to the PJ, but the UMC breaks it when inserted. I finally gave up and emailed Emotiva support - they were nice enough to verify 4k pass through is not supported. "Thank you for your interest in Emotiva! The UMC-200 supports 3D video, but it does not support 4K passthrough. Our new XMC-1 processor is our first product to support 4K and will facilitate 4K passthrough at 60 Hz. "

One side note about HDMI cables. I'm using a 50' (yes 50) monoprice redmere cable (part number 9432). Honestly I'm amazed it works at 4k. Best $60 you can spend if you have a PJ. This combo has been rock solid at 1080p and 720p, and switches back and forth between them flawlessly as I change channels.

I've also struggled since day one with audio delay / lip sync. The JVC is great, but it has anywhere from 80 - 150 ms of delay that I swear changes based on what channel I'm watching. I had no idea how important auto lip sync would be, but again, not supported: "The UMC-200 has a manual lip sync setting, but there is no automatic lip sync feature on the unit." I responded to Emotiva that auto lip sync is my #1 requirement for my next processor.

Just thought I would share my experiences in case anyone else searches for these topics.

Thanks,
Sam
post #724 of 727 Old 06-19-2015, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone,

Can the umc-200 take a DTS HD MA 5.1 source and extrapolate a 7.1 surround channel output if you have a 7.1 setup?

Onkyo 818, Emotiva Amp
B&W CT700 Series Speakers, (2) PowerSound Audio XS30s
Custom HTPC running Mediabrowser, 12TB Server for storage
post #725 of 727 Old 06-19-2015, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleycol View Post
Anyone,

Can the umc-200 take a DTS HD MA 5.1 source and extrapolate a 7.1 surround channel output if you have a 7.1 setup?

I want to say yes via Dolby ProLogic IIx (doesn't offer IIz) but I'm only 95% sure.

I run DPL IIx on all Dolby tracks and PCM but I play DTS tracks natively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
post #726 of 727 Old 07-02-2015, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi everyone,

Recently bought a new Samsung TV (UN65JS850D), which gives me an opportunity to use the ARC capability of the UMC-200 when using any of the app's processed by the TV (MGO, HBO Go, You-tube, etc.).

For now I am using the input toggle switch on the supplied Emotiva remote to utilize/access the ARC input. I also use a Harmony 900 remote and would love to add an activity to the remote to switch to the ARC input automatically.

Is there a way to do this even though there is not a direct input button on the Emotiva remote? Any possible work-around's?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Home theater:
Samsung UN65JS850DFXZA
Emotiva UMC-200 AV Pre-Amp
Kinergetics / Chiro C300, C500 Amplifiers
Mirage 3si, Mcsi, OM-R2, BPSS-210
Tivo Roamio, AppleTV, Playstation 4, Harmony 900, NEW: Oppo BDP-103D
post #727 of 727 Unread Today, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thos19 View Post
Hi everyone,

Recently bought a new Samsung TV (UN65JS850D), which gives me an opportunity to use the ARC capability of the UMC-200 when using any of the app's processed by the TV (MGO, HBO Go, You-tube, etc.).

For now I am using the input toggle switch on the supplied Emotiva remote to utilize/access the ARC input. I also use a Harmony 900 remote and would love to add an activity to the remote to switch to the ARC input automatically.

Is there a way to do this even though there is not a direct input button on the Emotiva remote? Any possible work-around's?

Thanks in advance for any insights.
There is a menu option that allows you to reassign the input buttons on the remote. If I remember correctly, you would choose HDMI 2 (for example) on the menu screen and then toggle until you reach the input you want to reassign. It's not the clearest or easy to see so you need to experiment.

Hope that helps
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva Umc 200 7 1 Home Theater Preamp Surround Processor , Onkyo Tx Nr3008 9 2 Channel Network Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page