Look what the cat dragged in
Let's have a closer look at this device. I'll update this post as we go along.
- Price (cheap compared to processors with similar feature set)
- Parametric EQs
- Sturdy casing
- Small form factor (1.5 RU height)
- Well structured on-screen menu
- Rack mountable (rack ears sold separately)
- Price (expensive compared to AVRs with similar feature set)
- No parametric EQ for back surrounds
- Only 3 parametric EQs for the subwoofer channel vs. 11 for all other channels (except back surrounds)
- Distance settings allow only for 0.3ft (10cm) steps
- No upload of EQ settings, EQ has to be set with remote (takes about 10 minutes per speaker)
- Only rudimentary manual/documentation available
- After startup volume ramps up to last used setting which can create problems with universal remote controls
- No changelog for firmware updates
- On-screen volume display hard to read on light backgrounds
- Doesn't support sample rate of 176.4kHz
- Doesn't support PLII or Neo:6 at sample rates higher than 96kHz
(Firmware version 1.52.02.47)
- LFE crossover and slope is mislabeled as "Subwoofer"
- Odd manual test tones for level calibration (see post #3
and post #50
- Manual test tones are post EQ (should be pre EQ)
- Enhanced bass option defaults to "on" although front speakers default to "small"
- Headphone output is post bass management, delay, gains and EQ
- "Direct" mode with x.0 channel digital input signal is post bass management and delay -> all channels are high pass filtered, low frequencies are lost
- "Direct" mode with x.1 digital input signal is post bass management and delay -> all processing active except EQ
- "All Stereo" with 2 channel digital or analog input signal is post bass management, delay and EQ -> processed L/R is sent to surrounds
- Multichannel LPCM 7.1 output mode is mislabeled as "All Stereo"
- Reset EQ values of a speaker aren't retained after restart
- Rubber feets smell
- HDMI switching is about 4 seconds
How to configure listening modes?