Integra DTR 80.1 or Marantz SR7008 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-19-2013, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the Integra. It is a fine receiver. I don't have any complaints besides it is a tad ugly (to me). I switched from Marantz to Integra because home theater is important to me and Marantz was lacking in features. Now that the SR7008 has 9.2 and XT32 I feel I can return to Marantz. Probably about 80% home theater vs 20% music.

I feel the XT32 could improve my HT experience and I always loved the Marantz sound for music. Don't know anything about the video processor of the Marantz. So, would I be making a mistake to switch to the Marantz?

Thanks guys.

-Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-20-2013, 10:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Tough one... I have used both manufactures in the past and really like them both. You really think the better room correction could improve it? Seems to me the improvement would be minor at best. I'd be inclined to say leave well enough alone here.

I don't think I have ever made an audio / video processor change without some trade offs involved. I suspect there will be things you love about the Marantz over the Integra and other things that you love about the Integra over the Marantz.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-24-2013, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the response John. I agree with your opinion. That being said...I traded in the Integra for the Marantz! I also upgraded to the Oppo BDP-105. I plan on going 4k in the future and both of these pieces allow me to do that when the price is right (meaning down a bit!). My first love was Marantz. Ever since I moved away from Marantz I have felt something was missing. My B&W speakers are getting back with Marantz.

I'll let the forum know if the old girlfriend is everything I remember her to be! Hope she isn't like my real world X's...good riddance!

Thanks again.

-Kevin
post #4 of 6 Old 09-24-2013, 05:56 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1321
Virtually everyone that has posted in the various model threads of upgrading from an Audyssey XT unit (eg. 80.1) to XT32 (eg. 7008) has experienced a noticeable improvement in overall audio fidelity as well as center channel dialogue clarity. See you in the Marantz 7008 Owner's thread ... smile.gif

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1482248/the-official-marantz-sr5008-sr6008-and-sr7008-av-receiver-owners-thread/0_100

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5 of 6 Old 09-27-2013, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Sounds good! Pun intended! I'll check back once I have everything set up.

Yeah, I read XT is an improvement. I liked the improvement of my current Audyssey version. Look forward to more improvement!!!

Thanks.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-27-2013, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Hey Kevin! I just sent you a PM!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7008
Gear in this thread