Classe Room EQ - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-20-2013, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi I just installed a Classe SSP 800 system and am happy so far but Would like to know how to set up the Room EQ. I would like to have someone that knows what they are doing come and do this but being stuck in the Middle of Washington State, probably out of luck.
So what would I need to do the basic room correction myself?
thanks for any help
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhenrie View Post

Hi I just installed a Classe SSP 800 system and am happy so far but Would like to know how to set up the Room EQ. I would like to have someone that knows what they are doing come and do this but being stuck in the Middle of Washington State, probably out of luck.
So what would I need to do the basic room correction myself?
thanks for any help
Mike

Hi Mike

Take a look at this article: Room and Sub EQ 101: How to use parametric EQ to flatten your bass.

The measurement system used in the article is XTZ's Room Analyzer II Pro

The low frequency control screen - frequency response, time decay measurements as well as a comprehensive EQ generation and simulation work areas:

'Found room modes' for which EQ filters have been auto generated

Manually flattening the frequency response:

Parametic EQ simulation (whereby EQ is simulated inside the XTZ software enabling you to iterate the EQ values in software before transferring to your Classe):

Some acousticians/calibrators (like myself) can also do EQ work remotely. I can control your computer from my office to measure your room, generate EQ filters, etc. You would need to manually input them into your Classe then we would remeasure. I can do a full in depth home theater calibration this way without ever leaving my desk!
wadeh911 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. We specialize in the design and creation of high performance listening rooms, home theaters and project studios for discerning audio/video enthusiasts.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Classe Ct Ssp Processor

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page