TV in Living Room, Projector and Speakers Outside? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-20-2013, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right section, but I just moved into an apartment with a terrace and I'd like to watch movies inside on a TV, and outside with permanent outdoor speakers and a projector I can carry in and out. I'd also like to have everything controlled via my iphone or android and connected to my media server. I'm fairly experienced in setting up AV systems, but not sure exactly where to start here.

It's a small apartment, so I don't need 5.1 inside, I'd probably just use a soundbar or the TV speakers. And I was thinking of using wireless outdoor speakers with the transmitter connected to zone 2 on the receiver, and a wireless HDMI transmitter connecting the receiver and the projector. I'd also like to use the receiver as a stereo, with Airplay, but since there won't be speakers connected , will that work? Am I making any sense?

I've had professional home theater people come out and they haven't really thought of a solution, I can't drill through the wall since it's a rented apartment (hence wireless HDMI and speakers) and the only receivers with two HDMI outs also have very expensive speaker amps, which seems like a waste. Is there a better way of doing this? I've literally been racking my brain for weeks with no clear idea, but if anyone has any thoughts that would be extremely, extremely appreciated!

AR
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page