Yamaha RX-A1030, All works wonderfully except AirPlay. It must be something simple - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-22-2013, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for stopping by. I hope there is a simple resolution for this. On the surface it seems like there should be.

I have been reading other related posts for an hour now and although some seem to have a common problem they end up having something else not work which isn't the case for me. Everything is working fine except AirPlay. I downloaded the Yamaha app (and love it) and can connect to Pandora. I can play music through AppleTV to the receiver, I can play music from my networked PC, I just cannot connect directly via AirPlay. I have to do so through the AppleTV. An extra step but it's the current work around. I can open iTunes from my PC and it sees the receiver. In fact the first time I tried choosing the receiver I shocked the wife as I was on the other side of the house and she was sitting in front of the TV reading (oops).

The receiver is hardwired not wireless and it goes through a 10/1000 switch directly to my provided Time Warner router (whatever it is). I have my wireless router in the rack with the TV and components and I'm thinking that I should try to connect the receiver directly to the wireless router instead (although this shouldn't make a difference. This wireless router also goes through the same 10/1000 switch). I also thought maybe I need to purchase the Yamaha wiles adapter.

I'd appreciate any ideas very much.

Drew

Soon...pic of my measly setup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-22-2013, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I apologize, it was something simple.

Page 77 of the manual says it must be connected to the wireless router, lol... directly connected. All is working very well now!

Soon...pic of my measly setup
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Aventage Rxa 1030 Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page