Can't get streamed content to play via my Yamaha A820 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-23-2013, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ventured into the world of streaming content to my TV last night. I used Netflix in the Viera Apps page on my Panasonic LED TV. The problem that I encountered is that the audio will only play through my TV speakers and not through my Yamaha tuner and 5.1 setup. Currently my TV is directly connected to my home network using Cat5. My tuner is also connected to my network using Cat5. I have a single HDMI going from my tuner to the TV. My cable box is the only other device connected to the tuner and that is via HDMI as well.

Can I get the audio to play via the tuner or am i stuck because of the way things are connected?

Thanks,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-23-2013, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleguluche View Post

I just ventured into the world of streaming content to my TV last night. I used Netflix in the Viera Apps page on my Panasonic LED TV. The problem that I encountered is that the audio will only play through my TV speakers and not through my Yamaha tuner and 5.1 setup. Currently my TV is directly connected to my home network using Cat5. My tuner is also connected to my network using Cat5. I have a single HDMI going from my tuner to the TV. My cable box is the only other device connected to the tuner and that is via HDMI as well.

Can I get the audio to play via the tuner or am i stuck because of the way things are connected?

Thanks,
Chris

You need to enable ARC in the Yamaha setup menu. If that does not work then you will need to run an optical cable from the TV Optical out (if it has one) to the tuner Optical IN. This will be in the connection section of the yamaha manual. If you do not have it, it can be downloaded from the yamaha web site.

Best of luck

Yamaha CX-A5000, ATI AT 2007 Amp (7X200W), ATI AT 2004 Amp (4X200W)
Klipsch RF 63's - Main, RB 61's - Front heights, RC-62 - Center, RS-62's - Surround, RS-52's - Rear Surround
2 Rythmik DS-1510 DIY Subwoofers (With PEQ600XLR3 Amp) each connected with Antimode 8033S-II
post #3 of 3 Old 09-23-2013, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks I will try ARC, hopefully that works...unfortunately my setup-up was done by a pro and all wiring goes through my inside walls. There are spare Cat5s run to the TV but no optical.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx A820 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page