Is there an Airplay Receiver that can be turned on/off from an iPhone? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-28-2013, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We are looking at replacing a few speaker docks around the house, in favor of a centralized Receiver that supports Airplay. Since I haven't jumped into any Airplay devices yet, this may be a simple question. We are trying to avoid having to go to the receiver to turn it on, and would prefer to not have the receiver on 100% of the time and would like to remotely turn it off from an iPhone.

Thanks for any and all responses! By budget is probably between $500 and $1000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-28-2013, 11:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 348
There's a bunch of receivers that can be remotely controlled by an Apple device and have Airplay streaming. I know Yamaha, Denon and Pioneer can. Since I don't own any Apple products I haven't researched it deeply but I know they exist.

Afro GT
post #3 of 4 Old 09-28-2013, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Yes there are. In fact I believe most current receivers with airplay have the ability to be turned on remotely similar to apple tv. You just start playing a song on your iphone and push the airplay icon then select which device you want to use and it will automatically fire up and play. Here is one example from Pioneer. Under the picture of the receiver is a bar with some videos. The first video is all about airplay and will answer all your questions you posted.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-1123-K

I think the other major brands (Marantz, Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha, etc) also have a similar implementation of airplay. You will just need to go to their websites and decide for yourself which receiver has the options you are looking for then you can come back here and probably find a discussion thread on either that exact receiver or for the model line. Most of these websites will give the MSRP as well so you can compare prices. Also, if you are not adverse to going the refurbished route, you can check out www.accessories4less.com and find some pretty good deals that will allow you to get a higher level receiver for a little cheaper and they offer warranties to boot.

Good luck with your search.

Eric

"Harry feels guilt pangs, but Ronnie The Bear could give a @#$!."

post #4 of 4 Old 09-28-2013, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, guys. Very much appreciated. The remote power thing is one of those features that is difficult to demo in a store.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page