Receiverthe 300-450 range - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-30-2013, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I have been reading for a while and the more I learn I think the more I become confused with what I actually need. I'll try and give you a little info on what I am working with. I am currently building a new home which will have a surround system in the great room with two in ceiling speakers for rear left/right, two patio speakers, and two speakers up in the loft which may eventually be its own 5.1 but for now will just play music upstairs. I am looking at cheaper speakers (monoprice) for the patio and loft and a little better speaker for the in ceiling in the great room which will be surround and music (should be ok right?).

I am looking at the Onkyo TX-NR616, Denon avr-2113, or Sony DN-1030 because they are all in the right price range and have some of the features I am looking for. Not entirely set on any of them but looking to be in the 300-450 price range for the receiver. With some of the following options: Wireless (or cheap addition like the Onkyo usb $25), 2 zones, good apple remote app, play music off of phone or wireless network with ease, good sound (I know I know), ability to upgrade and integrate further in the future.

What I'm a little stuck on is how exactly does the multi zone music work. Can I play music through the 5.1 surround in the great room as well as in the separate zone (patio/loft) which will have their own volume control knobs in the wall, or am I stuck playing music on either the great room (surround) or Zone 2 (patio/loft).

Airplay, is it worth it to get a receiver with it already or is buying a $99 apple TV a better and more efficient option for streaming and airplay?

I'm just looking for a solid system that I can watch movies with good surround and play music through the house with ease on the weekends and be fairly easy to upgrade throughout the years as this is my first time "building" a HTS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-30-2013, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Floor plan Rev 1.pdf 108k .pdf file

Floor plan Rev 1.pdf 108k .pdf file
post #3 of 4 Old 10-03-2013, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Ok I think I have this figured out.

Going to buy this: http://usa.denon.com/us/product/pages/productdetail.aspx?catid=avreceivers(denonna)&pid=avr2313ci(denonna) Denon AVR-2313ci Receiver.

Going to have 5.1 surround in living room with two in ceiling speakers.

Two speakers in Master bedroom (going to add this weekend). Will run off surrounds for 7.1 speaker output.

Zone 2 peramp outs:

Will eventually need to buy a 6 Channel amp for the Zoned speakers. Which one would be a good option for this? I don't really need a smart amp that cycles from input 1 or 2 automatically since I should be able to control zone two output through the Denon wirelessly.

Two outside speakers on the patio (has volume control in wall) Run off of Bridge two ports on the amp.

Two in ceiling speakers in loft (has volume control in wall) Run off of 1 port on the amp.

Run a second HDMI cable from the second output to a TV on patio. Football on the patio and in the living room, sound throughout the house music in zone two?

What do you think of this plan? Should be able to wirelessly control everything off of the Denon.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-09-2013, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Nothing?? I think I have it figured out but some guideance would be helpful...
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr616 , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Sony Strdn1030 Receiver
Gear in this thread - 2113ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page