No sound from VSX-1122-K - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-30-2013, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 136
I bought a refurb Pioneer VSX-1122-K in April and have had zero issues with it until last tuesday. I tried to watch Iron Man 3 and for some reason once the previews started rolling I stopped getting any sound at all with it. I stopped it, played around with some stuff, after about 20 minutes of fenagling I decided to just unplug the HDMI's and plug them back in and it magically worked. I watched the rest of the movie and then watched Ratatouille on Wednesday without incident. On saturday I turned it on just to listen to regular old FM radio and I had silence. I tried watching tv, nothing, blu-ray, nothing. I unplugged the HDMI's I unplugged the receiver itself for several hours, I updated the firmware, I tried everything. the thing that made me the most nervous however was that it wont even put out its own test tones. The front display shows everything as if nothings wrong. Shows the volume go up and down, shows the current codec, stream direct, auto surround PLII the whole works. There is a very faint buzzing in certain speakers when I turn the volume up and down, but thats about the extent of it. Can anyone help me at all
Thanks

Panasonic P60U54
Pioneer VSX-1122 K
Polk Audio RTi8's, CSi5, RTi6's, OWM3's
SVSound PC12 Plus, PC Ultra (12")
PS3, PS2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-05-2014, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)