gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhyams View Post
After going back and forth on the issue, I finally heard from Denon support that they will not be updating the 4311CI. I was rather dismayed, of course, since I only purchased mine this past November, refurbished. Happily, they have offered to exchange it for a refurbished 4520 (with 1 year warranty) an no additional cost. They also gave me an option for a new 4520 for $300 with a 3-year warranty. I'm guessing they are doing this because my 4311 is still under warranty, but I'm not sure. Any one else have this experience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBDan View Post
I was offered and took advantage of the $300 deal. I am very pleased with the new unit! Nice GUI, 4K, biamped all 3 front channels, and for some reason it sounds better then my old 4311 which I calibrated multiple times. Do it!

If you have any questions let me know.
What's the process to go through to get to the right people in order to get this offer? Given the option to pay $300 to get a brand new one with a full 3 year warranty, I don't think I'd consider going with the refurb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 341 Old 07-09-2014, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
What's the process to go through to get to the right people in order to get this offer? Given the option to pay $300 to get a brand new one with a full 3 year warranty, I don't think I'd consider going with the refurb.
Hey GSR,

I tried for a couple of months via their phone support to get a timeline on when the patch for the AVR-4311 would be available without any success. So I then opened a ticket via:

http://usa.denon.com/us/myaccount/pages/login.aspx

I explained that I have had this DD+ issue for 6 months and no one at Denon support is able to tell me if or when it will be resolved. I would like to know when this will be resolved or I would like to be able to purchase a AVR-4520 for a small upgrade charge.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
post #333 of 341 Old 07-09-2014, 06:09 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBDan View Post
Hey GSR,

I tried for a couple of months via their phone support to get a timeline on when the patch for the AVR-4311 would be available without any success. So I then opened a ticket via:

http://usa.denon.com/us/myaccount/pages/login.aspx

I explained that I have had this DD+ issue for 6 months and no one at Denon support is able to tell me if or when it will be resolved. I would like to know when this will be resolved or I would like to be able to purchase a AVR-4520 for a small upgrade charge.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
Thanks, I'll give that a try and see how it goes.

Edit: I've submitted a support question to Denon indicating that I'm experiencing the issue and requesting the same resolution that others have received (replace the 4311 with a 4520 for a nominal cost). We'll see what they say.
RBDan likes this.

Last edited by gsr; 07-10-2014 at 05:07 AM.
post #334 of 341 Old 07-09-2014, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Hey JD, can you confirm that Denon isn't planning to fix the AVR-4311CI's Netflix issue? If they're not, and if they're really offering nominal fee upgrades to the 4520, I'd love to take advantage of that.
post #335 of 341 Old 07-09-2014, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Hey JD, can you confirm that Denon isn't planning to fix the AVR-4311CI's Netflix issue? If they're not, and if they're really offering nominal fee upgrades to the 4520, I'd love to take advantage of that.
What Denon told me was that Japan said they were going to upgrade the firmware but would not tell them when and then went silent on the issue. They seemed to be a little frustrated about the lack of communication.
post #336 of 341 Old 07-10-2014, 07:32 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Last I heard it was still planned, but let me get some updated status and I'll report back.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #337 of 341 Old 07-11-2014, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am also still experiencing problems with DD+ content with my AVR-X2000 after the update--similarly to Mr. Bowes. It sounds like digital artifacts in the form of "clicks" and "beeps". These artifacts can be noticeably heard in the front right channel and rear left channel. Can anyone else confirm this problem? It is very frustrating that this problem still remains unsolved. Any insight into this issue from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
post #338 of 341 Old 07-15-2014, 04:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 609
Ive had no issues since replacing my Denon 3808 with a 4520. That was another benefit of upgrading my receiver, not having the DD+ issues.
post #339 of 341 Old 07-15-2014, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhyams View Post
After going back and forth on the issue, I finally heard from Denon support that they will not be updating the 4311CI. I was rather dismayed, of course, since I only purchased mine this past November, refurbished. Happily, they have offered to exchange it for a refurbished 4520 (with 1 year warranty) an no additional cost. They also gave me an option for a new 4520 for $300 with a 3-year warranty. I'm guessing they are doing this because my 4311 is still under warranty, but I'm not sure. Any one else have this experience?

I'm bummed to have been strung along for eight months, especially since I bought the 4311 because it had DD+, but at least they are finally making it right.

Mark
This is disappointing. The 4311CI model supports firmware updates, and was sold as supporting DD+. I understand devices can't be supported forever. But, wasn't this issue was reported to Denon before it went EOL?

I purchased mine, new in Nov 2012. If mine is still under warranty, I wonder if I can get the same $300 upgrade deal?

Ben
post #340 of 341 Old 07-16-2014, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Last I heard it was still planned, but let me get some updated status and I'll report back.
JDS - any updates please on the 4311.
post #341 of 341 Old 07-16-2014, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbird View Post
This is disappointing. The 4311CI model supports firmware updates, and was sold as supporting DD+. I understand devices can't be supported forever. But, wasn't this issue was reported to Denon before it went EOL?

I purchased mine, new in Nov 2012. If mine is still under warranty, I wonder if I can get the same $300 upgrade deal?

Ben
Yes, exactly you are quite right. It should be fixed, and it can be fixed, but for whatever reason Denon are just dragging their feet with it.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 591 Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page