Dolby Digital Plus and Netflix on Various AVRs - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #391 of 394 Old 11-23-2014, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello, i updated my denon 4311. display read updating DSP 1 & 2 which i imagine was supposed to fix the DD+ issue with Netflix. but it seems like im still hearing random artefacts in the surrounds. anyone else experience this..?

thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 394 Old 11-28-2014, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by judge_dredd View Post
I am definitely experiencing this with my 2313. It is the surround left channel that I am noticing the strange sounds in. I had the center channel problems way back when, then the new firmware addressed those problems, but this seems DD+ related as well.
Same thing with my E400. Center channel issue was fixed by the update but now I have an issue with the surround left. Get an occasional high pitched type of screech or chirp. Only notice it with DD+ (which for me is from Netflix on Chromecast).
post #393 of 394 Old 12-01-2014, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxzinno View Post
hello, i updated my denon 4311. display read updating DSP 1 & 2 which i imagine was supposed to fix the DD+ issue with Netflix. but it seems like im still hearing random artefacts in the surrounds. anyone else experience this..?

thanx
I'm also having this issue, and have been providing regular updates regarding my experience with Denon customer service over in the 2013 Denon models official thread since I first reported the issue to Denon earlier this month. I'm using an X4000 that I purchased in October. So far, there have been reports of this issue on several different Denon models across at least 3 different model years. I encourage you to report this issue with Denon customer service so that it will hopefully help to get some attention from Denon's engineering team. If you look back in this thread and in the 2013 Denon official thread, you'll see that Denon has apparently been aware of this issue since July and there still hasn't been any communication on when we might see a fix. My case was given to the development team to look into just short of 2 weeks ago after the customer service rep was able to confirm it. I'm hoping to hear something back regarding if/when there will be a solution in the next week or so. I'll post any updates I receive here when I get any news from Denon.
post #394 of 394 Old 12-01-2014, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I also have been in communication with Denon in regards to a permanent solution. I will update on this thread and the x-series owners thread as previously mentioned in this post if I hear anything. Again, I highly encourage others to report this to Denon as it may allow for us to reach a quicker solution.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 591 Receiver