Dolby Digital Plus and Netflix on Various AVRs - Page 17 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews > Audio > Receivers, Amps, and Processors > Dolby Digital Plus and Netflix on Various AVRs

Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Cheesebach's Avatar Cheesebach
09:48 AM Liked: 3
post #481 of 484
02-24-2015 | Posts: 42
For anyone experiencing the Netflix DD+ "chirping" audio distortion issue on a Denon AVR, I just wanted to post an update here that I got back in town last night and checked to see if the new firmware released last week did anything to resolve the problem. Surprise! It doesn't. Considering how they've been aware of this issue since July 2014 and have been unable to provide any firmware updates to address this or even comment on the issue beyond "we've been able to reproduce this issue and we're working on it", it seems very unlikely that this will ever be fixed. I've been calling in to customer service every few days for the past 2 weeks trying to get some sort of update on this, and the CS reps are never able to get any kind of response from the team supposedly working on it and just tell me to call back in a few days if I haven't gotten a call from them yet.
Jukebox Jim
05:17 PM Liked: 0
post #482 of 484
Yesterday | Posts: 1
Keep us posted if you hear anything, Cheesebach. Only noticed this issue with my Denon avr x2000 while watching House of Cards today. What I'm getting is an occasional hiss like sound coming from the left surround speaker. Updated to latest firmware but no joy there. It's still watchable but very irritating!
Bamafan35611's Avatar Bamafan35611
05:21 PM Liked: 13
post #483 of 484
Yesterday | Posts: 217
I contact Netflix every week they tell me they are working on it. I even fave them a link to this forum for that can see all the people having this problem. I don't get it Vudu DD+ works great.
Zuah's Avatar Zuah
01:42 AM Liked: 10
post #484 of 484
Today | Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan35611 View Post
I contact Netflix every week they tell me they are working on it. I even fave them a link to this forum for that can see all the people having this problem. I don't get it Vudu DD+ works great.
Netflix uses different DD+ encoding tools than Vudu. Therefore DD+ streams from Vudu work on all DD+ decoders and you don't hear the audio issues.
Tags: Denon Avr 591 Receiver

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Subscribe to this Thread