Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Here is my setup

Front L&R -Polk monitor 55t's
center- Polk monitor 15c
surrounds polk monitor 40's
sub BIC F12
Panny gt30 tv
bdp-320 panny blu ray player (waiting on my oppo)

Room size is 16x14 and opens into the entry and dining I also have vaulted ceilings reaching 10-11ft at highest point

I am Thinking of getting rid of my Denon 1613 as it just feels a little underpowered since I added the bigger speakers. I am not partial to anything except Pioneer ( will never buy another one again unless it says elite on front had two of them go bad on me).. I do know I like the multeq in my Denon as it calibrates the sub, so I would like another receiver that calibrates the sub as well.. It must be network ready and have ability to stream from my phone. I originally really wanted at least 4k pass through but it is no longer a major factor.. I have found a few good deals on the 2113 from Denon, as well as a major vendor discount on the dn840 from sony due to my job. Any helpful insight on the wattage I should look for per channel or a nice receiver that fits the bill will be greatly helpful..

Thanks in advance guys.

It's all fun and games until my wife notices something new in the entertainment center
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-03-2013, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Liked: 12
Anybody also my budget is 400 due to not making my wife angry lol..

It's all fun and games until my wife notices something new in the entertainment center
post #3 of 5 Old 10-03-2013, 06:08 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 944 Post(s)
Liked: 1482
Keep the 1613 as you won't notice any power difference with the 2113CI, Unless the 1613 master volume is maxed out and you hear distortion from the speakers, no reason to upgrade simply because of more power ... better version of Audyssey ..... yes ............power .............. no.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 

Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4 of 5 Old 10-03-2013, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 360
IF anyone would know that would be jdsmoothie .Av science carries Denon along with lot's of other cool stuff 20wpc would not ordinarily be be audible .
FWIHR you need to double the power for noticeable difference at least power wise anyway . Maybe a140wpc might make a difference at higher loudness levels
jdsmoothie would know better he works with all that stuff I do not.

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #5 of 5 Old 10-03-2013, 11:40 PM

Liked: 10
I recently got rid of my 1613 for more power and got a 3313. The 50w increase is barely noticeable. The power increase, if any, of a $400 unit will likely be inaudible as these guys will tell you. So if power is your main motivation, jumping to 125wpc is the minimum you will need to maybe hear a difference from my experience. I dont think there is a 125w avr out there for $400. I would stick with the 1613. I kind of miss mine as it did everything I needed it to do at the time and was fairly priced.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Polk Audio Monitor 55t Two Way Ported Floorstanding Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Audio Monitor 15c Two Way Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Monitor40 Series Ii Two Way Bookshelf Loudspeaker Cherry Pair , Bic America F12 12 Inch 475 Watt Front Firing Powered Subwoofer , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Sony Str Dn840 , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page