Pioneer VSX 321 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2013, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello All,

Need some advise. I currently have a Pioneer HTP 071 connected to a Sony BLu Ray S390. The Pioneer HTP 071 comprises of the VSX 321 receiver and speakers.

I am happy with this setup for Blu Ray, but reallly want to enhance the quality of music.

Can I upgrade to better front speakers alone? If yes, which models? My budget is about £300. ( Am in UK )

Or do i need to buy a separate player? Or how do i upgrade my current setup for better quality music?

Any help woud be appreciated.

I have posted the same on the Speakers section, but am not sure where it is more appropriate. So pls excuse for having posted in both.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
Speakers/subs is where you should concentrate...not familiar with those Pioneer speakers but you might check out Cambridge Audio S30s, nice little speakers and about $200/pr here in the US.

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

Old 10-10-2013, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Speakers/subs is where you should concentrate...not familiar with those Pioneer speakers but you might check out Cambridge Audio S30s, nice little speakers and about $200/pr here in the US.

Thanks. So am I correct in thinking that the actual player does not play major role in enhancing the quality of music?
Can u pls advise if wharfedale diamond 121 speakers are better than the Cambridge s30? If yes, would it make a huge difference or just marginally or would u still recommend the Cambridge s30
Many thanks
Old 10-10-2013, 01:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
I think you're going to get more bang for your buck with your budget to go with speakers rather than a different receiver or player. I've not heard the Wharfedales; I have a pair of the S30s and like them a lot and many others do, too. Maybe you could check this thread out and ask if not covered http://www.avsforum.com/t/1327952/almost-got-floored-by-cambridge-s30

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

Tags
Pioneer , Cambridge Audio S30 Speakers Dark Oak Pair