Need help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 10-06-2013, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
hey guys, im moving into a new apartment and its a smaller place, now, im having some issues with the WAF in regards to the living room home teathre setup, she doesnt want me to have a tv stand at all, she wants to mount the LCD on the wall which is great, but where am i going to put the Onkyo Reciever/XBOX and PS3?

Is there any nice looking quality rack you guys could recommend to replace the tv stand so that i can place my AV reciever / ps3 and box on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-06-2013, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 744
What kind of footprint do you want? Horizontal style? Vertical? You want black? Chrome? Wood? Glass? Just those three units, no expansion allowed later?

post #3 of 9 Old 10-06-2013, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Can be wood or glass, I'm thinking vertical, I need it to look really nice since she is really picky. Any suggestions?
post #4 of 9 Old 10-06-2013, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

How high are you mounting the tv (floor to lower edge of tv)? You want the rack underneath? Off to the side?

post #5 of 9 Old 10-06-2013, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Underneath,it should be about 30 inches from the floor to the lower edge of tv, I still have to measure to be exact. You recommend to put it off to the side?
post #6 of 9 Old 10-06-2013, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

My rack is off to the side, but that's more about your own aesthetics mostly. My tv is 25" from the floor and I have two amps, an avr, a PS3, a dvd/sacd player, andd a directv dvr and don't want a long and low cabinet, don't like bending over all that much plus the rack/stand (black with chrome) looks nice and has better ventilation than most long and low setups I've seen. Putting your rack underneath the tv will help hide the cable to the tv if you're not putting it in the wall, too.

Something like this perhaps? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sanus-systems-natural-foundations-a-v-series-4-shelf-system/9594842.p;jsessionid=7119CBFD0AA6EBD005EF37CDC145F5BF.bbolsp-app01-147?id=1218128965954&skuId=9594842. Or would you prefer a door to hide the components for added WAF?

post #7 of 9 Old 10-07-2013, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

That's a really nice one, I want to mention that my center channel is going to go in in one of theses shelves too, it's a definitive tech clr2002 and it's 22inches wide, will it fit in there?

That's a great looking rack though, do you have any others to recommend? Perhaps with doors as well? Doesn't have to have doors as long as it's quality looking
post #8 of 9 Old 10-07-2013, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

That's why I asked if you wanted anything else on the stand....you might need to think about raising the tv up and a taller stand, or moving to a stand that is more horizontally oriented so that you get another shelf and maintain height. I use a center speaker on a stand in front of and below my tv (which due to space limitations sits on one of my subs) and have it angled up to my listening position. I guess that's another benefit of the rack off to the side.

post #9 of 9 Old 10-08-2013, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

i also have another question,i told the construction workers that are preparing the room to make a power outlet on the wall somewhere around the area where the tv will be mounted, so basically about 45 inches above the floor on the the wall so that when i mount the tv the power outlet will be hidden behind the tv, now im thinking, was that mistake?

i mean how will i connect my AVR , xbox 360 etc to the power, it will be ugly if i run the wires UPWARDS to the power outlet behind the tv from down below where the rack will be, and also should i tell them to wire 1 HDMI cable from behind the tv area to somewhere in the lower area? should i tell them to make another power outlet about 10 inches above the floor on the wall so that i can connect the avr and xbox and ps3?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page