Help!!!!! Sc65/oppo103 issues!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-07-2013, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys I am a newbie to this forum. But more importantly I jus bought the oppo-103 player and want to use RCA connection for my audio. So I simply run the RCA cables from the oppo to my pre-outs on the pioneer sc65. Now the problem is I can't control the master volume on the sc65 jus the oppo and it's not nearly as powerful as wat the sc65 can produce and jus doesn't sound like it should. Any help would greatly be appreciated thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-07-2013, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 170
You should not be using the pre-out. Run the analog into an INPUT
Such as CD etc.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-08-2013, 03:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by louderplz77 View Post

Hey guys I am a newbie to this forum. But more importantly I jus bought the oppo-103 player and want to use RCA connection for my audio. So I simply run the RCA cables from the oppo to my pre-outs on the pioneer sc65. Now the problem is I can't control the master volume on the sc65 jus the oppo and it's not nearly as powerful as wat the sc65 can produce and jus doesn't sound like it should. Any help would greatly be appreciated thanks a lot

I'm assuming you are trying to use the Oppo's 7.1 analog outputs. and you can't with the SC-65 because it lacks the corresponding multichannel analog inputs. the only 2012 Pioneer model that had multichannel analog inputs was the top model SC-68. for 2013, it has been dropped completely by Pioneer. it is a rapidly disappearing connection in receivers. even if you had the connections, you would not be able to use the Pioneer's MCACC room EQ & bass management system, since it operates digitally and there are no 7.1 analog-to-digital converters in receivers anymore; only the 2 ch inputs still have ADC's on them.

the only RCA jacks on the SC-65 you could use are 2 ch (CD, DVD, etc) and you will NOT get the 5.1/7.1 soundtracks on the disc, only 2 ch. so if that's what you trying to do, I would wonder why...

with the SC-65, you will need to use HDMI for both video & audio to get play 5.1/7.1 encoded soundtracks.

and yes, connecting a player's output to the receiver's preamp outs is wrong! doesn't it makes sense that connecting 2 outputs together isn't correct?

preamp outs are for connecting the receiver to an external amp for 2 or more channels instead of using the receiver's built-in amps (to use a more powerful amp, for example)

your manual for the Pioneer has clear hookup diagrams showing the rear panel connections and instructions for blu-ray players and many other sources. it might be a good idea for you to read the manual and check your receiver's features & capabilities.

if you had wanted to use a player's multichannel analog outputs, you should have gone with a receiver that had the connections, like the SC-68 or Denon 4520.

Steve
post #4 of 4 Old 10-08-2013, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the detailed response ss and yes It makes clear sense about connecting two outputs which I definently kno better just got lost in the trunking shooting. Also do all my research n read all manuals when in doubt jus didn't think about doin analog when buying the reciever and if you don't mind me asking if most all receivers are doin away woth multiple channel inputs then how do you go analog if you wanted to for multi channel??
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Pioneer Elite Sc 65 9 2 Channel Thx Select 2 Plus A V Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page