Newer HT receivers with pre-out and main-in for front channels. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-07-2013, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an RX-V1 that was a victim of a lightning hit. I am looking at the Yamaha 2030 or the 3030. I use a Mini-DSP to multi-amp my front main speakers. The pre-out from the RX-V1 went to the Mini-DSP and from the Mini-DSP back to the Main-In on the RX-V1 to use the front main amplifiers to feed one of the drivers in the front speakers. I do not see a Main-In on the 2030 or the 3030. That would mean I could not use the internal front amplifiers. Is this correct or am I missing something? Do any other receivers have that capability?

"A Monsters Work is Never Done"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
There are no modern AVRs (at least that I know of) with main in jacks. You're having the same rude awakening as the Bose 901 users out there. You'd have to run the front L and R preamp outs from the 2030 or 3030 to your DSP box, then into a second (could be two-channel) amp to achieve your desired result.

What does your Mini-DSP do for you? Maybe you can achieve the desired result in some other way.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rxa2030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rxa3030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread - Rxa2030bl by PriceGrabber.com