need advise setting up - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Receivers, Amps, and Processors > need advise setting up

Receivers, Amps, and Processors

joe-turbo's Avatar joe-turbo
06:09 AM Liked: 10
post #1 of 3
10-08-2013 | Posts: 9

Hi all, hoping to get a bit of advise from you.

I have had the below setup for sometime but am now trying to get the best out of it, the main thing I was hoping to improve is the sound. when the sound effects kick in during a film the voices are quite difficult to hear.

Mains = no conditioner at present but have ordered "Tacima 6 way mains" to plug everything in

Tv = Panasonic TX-P50V10B (Built in freesat connected via "QED Qunex STV")

Receiver = Yamaha RX-V765

Speakers = Jamo A102HCS5 5.1 Home Cinema Speaker System - Sub 200 (faulty, not working), speakers are connected via "Cambridge symphony 100" bare copper wire, sub was connected via standard cable that came with it.

Game console = Xbox 360 elite slim, connected via "Monster Cable Gamelink HDMI Cable for Xbox 360"

Blu ray player = Fat PS3 connected via "PlayStation 3 Monster GameLink HDMI Cable"

Any suggestions on settings, or cables would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Joe

JBWIII's Avatar JBWIII
08:14 AM Liked: 42
post #2 of 3
10-08-2013 | Posts: 879
If you're watching movies with multichannel (e.g., 5.1) audio, where the dialogue is coming out of the center channel speaker, you could go into the speaker settings on the 765 and boost the center channel.

Also are you using a sound program (e.g., Sci-Fi)? If so, switch it off. Set it to Straight. The reverb that those other programs add to the effects channels might be drowning out your center.
joe-turbo's Avatar joe-turbo
05:59 AM Liked: 10
post #3 of 3
10-10-2013 | Posts: 9
Thanks for the reply, I have tried a number of things and think I am improving things.

Have receiver set to straight (and making sure I am receiving either true hd, linear pcm etc rather then Dolby digital)

I have just set all my speakers to "small" and set the crossover to 80.

Seems to really improve things.
Tags: Panasonic Tc P50v10 50 Inch Viera 1080p Plasma Hdtv , Yamaha Rx V765bl 665 Watt 7 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Jamo
Gear in this thread - P50v10 by PriceGrabber.com
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Subscribe to this Thread