pioneer sc-1227-k and emotiva amp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-08-2013, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi bought the pioneer sc 1227-k about 5 months ago (very pleased with its functionality so far). I am currently running a 7.3 setup up all cerwin vega. The .3 is two subs for the front and 1 in the rear wired with the rear channels using the high level input/output on the subwoofer. The only thing i was alittle disapointed with was the output power of the receiver. Its says its doing "125 wpc RMS" at 8ohms. I don't beleiver that what so ever. My front cerwin vega E-712's should pound alot harder then they do in stereo mode. So i was wonder a couple of things. 1 does anyone know the actually bench test power output of the 1227k?
2 How do i use the preamp mode function on the 1227k? can get a emotiva 5 channel and run the
rear channel off the receiver? or do i need the emotiva UPA-700 7 channel 80 wpc RMS. Proven
with a bench test.
3 Is a separate amp really necessary with my current speaker set-up.

Set-up.
front- cv E712
center- cv VE 5C
surround- cv VE 5M
surround back- cv VE 5M (wired with a cv HTS-10A down firing sub)
subwoofers- 2 cv LW-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-08-2013, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
... bought the pioneer sc 1227-k about 5 months ago ... The only thing i was alittle disapointed with was the output power of the receiver. Its says its doing "125 wpc RMS" at 8ohms. I don't beleiver that what so ever.
According to the product page, the SC-1227-K is rated at "125 x 7 (1kHz)". It is likely putting out quite a bit less than that in an all-channels-driven situation.
Quote:
... How do i use the preamp mode function on the 1227k? can get a emotiva 5 channel and run the rear channel off the receiver?
The UPA-500 for your front three plus side surrounds, with your AVR powering your surrounds, is a good option. If you're willing to spend more, you could go with the XPA-3 for your L-C-R and use your AVR for the four surrounds.
Quote:
3 Is a separate amp really necessary with my current speaker set-up.
A quick Google indicates that those speakers have a high sensitivity rating (~98dB). Your AVR should be able to drive them fairly easily. That said, if you've calibrated your system and you find that your AVR alone isn't powering your speakers cleanly to the volume levels at which you run your system, I think adding an external amp is a perfectly good next step.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page