Cannot get OSD for Denon AVR-4800 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-09-2013, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I purchased the Denon AVR-4800 recently and I cannot get the setup menu (not sure if that's different than the OSD) to display on my tv (Samsung UN46C6300SF). I have tried Monitor Out 1 connected to the Composite in on my tv and get nothing. I have also used an S-Video adapter to connect the composite cable (my tv does not have S-Video) but I still get nothing. I have changed the Source on my tv to Component and AV, but it states that nothing is connected.

I currently have all media devices connected to my tv through HDMI, with the digital audio out connecting to the receiver (short term), so no video is going into the receiver.

I do not have the original remote control, so I'm using a Logitech Harmony 650, which may be part of the issue.  I am not all too familiar with using receivers, but I am fairly tech savvy.  I just need to setup my surround sound correctly, and any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-09-2013, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 472
The way I read the AVR's owner's manual (incl. pg. 30), you need a signal to one of its composite inputs in order to get the OSD output via its composite MONITOR OUT-1 output. Try hooking up one of your components to a composite input to see if that works.

(Also, make sure you don't have anything connected to the S-Video monitor output at the same time, as the S-Video output takes priority.)

-- Edit --
Also, check your AVR's system set-up menu to make sure that the "On Screen Display" option hasn't been toggled to "OFF".

(According to the owner's manual, it looks as though OSD is defaulted to "ON" from the factory, and gets set to "OFF" each time you complete and store changes in the set-up menu, requiring that it be re-set to "ON" if you want to see it again.)
post #3 of 3 Old 10-09-2013, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Unfortunately that did not work either as the tv does not appear to recognize any input from the receiver.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page