Help with Receiver - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-11-2013, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello. I am very new to the AV world and have been doing much research on these forums to determine the best setup for my new HT. So far, I have narrowed it down to a CA Minx Min 21 5.1 speaker setup with BIC PL-200 sub. The only missing piece for me is the AVR. I have about $400 left in my budget and would like a good AVR that can not only support my new setup, but also support some future speaker upgrades. Some things I've read about that sound interesting to me is having 7.1 capabilities, 3D pass, and connectivity for music. Audyssey also intrigues me because any help I can get on setup calibration would be great. Can anyone make any suggestions, or at least point me in the right direction (theres too many options to get started). Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-11-2013, 07:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Yamaha RX-V673, $399
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V673-7-2-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B007JF85WE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381499422&sr=8-1&keywords=yamaha+rx-v673

Does not have Audyssey but has Yamaha auto room calibration called YPAO.

If you live near a Fry's Electronics they often put the Denon e400 on sale for $300. It was just that price last week but the sale ended yesterday. It'll be back again with the next 2-3 weeks.

Also check your local Best Buy as they often put last years models on clearance. You might be able to get the Denon AVR 2113 around $400 or less.

Afro GT
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Bic Pl 200 Acoustech Platinum Series Subwoofer , Cambridge Audio , Yamaha Rx V673 Receiver , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page