Upgrade worth it from basic Y.P.A.O to MultEQ XT? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-12-2013, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I currently have a Yamaha v373 and it is a great avr, however I am looking for more. I am still interested in upgrading to better automatic correction or even manual correction. The equalization options on the v373 are limited and ypao did not seem to help much either. Is stepping up to XT enough of a difference to satisfy most people? How about higher line Yamaha recievers? Or should I just save up for the x4000 with xt32? I can get the avr-1713 from a4l for $269 right now where as the x4000 is $899.

May help to know that my speakers will need upgrading soon too from Jamo 423 to most likely emp tek impression series, money saved on the avr would go toward upgrading to e55 towers and e56 center vs bookshelves and e5c.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-12-2013, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Also may help I know that I have behringer feedback destroyer eq'ing my sub. Adding a second sub may be a consideration also.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-13-2013, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I actually feel YPAO does just fine in most rooms, but it doesn't EQ the sub until you get to the 2xxx and up receivers. However, you mention already having a Behringer so you won't get as large a gain in performance going to MultEQ XT IMO, but it really depends on the room. Why not actually try it as that will leave no doubt? Also keep in mind, Audyssey in most receivers does not allow for manual adjustments like YPAO allows. You can also look at the Anthem MRX which has a $999 model and includes ARC room correction which is excellent.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V373 5 1 Channel Av Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V373 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page