Denon 4520CI will not "wake up" to Remote In Signal - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-13-2013, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
All concerned,

BLUF: My Denon AVR 4520CI will not turn on via a Dinky Link to Xantech block via a 3.5mm cable directly into the Remote In on the AVR but will respond via this path once it has been either turned don manually or the remote is point directly to the front.

I have exhausted every possible search scenario on this forum, searched Denon's support and spoke to Denon this past Friday.

Very strange that once the Denon is "awake" it will take all commands via the Remote In but once it has been turned off (standby=red power button) it will not turn back on via Remote In.

I have tried both a 3.5mm mono and stereo cable from the Xantech block to the AVR. I have tried to different iR receivers. The setup was also used for the last three years on the Yamaha AVR I just replaced.

Also completed a system reboot on the AVR.

Also worth noting is that the Amp works perfectly fine via the iPhone App as well; turning on/off with no issues.

Has anyone shared a similar problem or have any recommendations because I really don't want to have to get it repaired/replaced. It was in fact a refurbished and purchased from accessories4less last week and I also purchased the additional 3 year warranty. I have an open reference number with Denon and will call them again on Monday now that I have tried different cables and iR receivers.

Any help is appreciated.

v/r,

Jamie

Jamie L. Wallace
LTC, AV
USA
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version