Using ARC on Marantz sr7007 and Samsung un7100 LED - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-15-2013, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I see on the back of my samsung TV it has an ARC hdmi output (#2) currently I am running a onkyo rec. which has HDMI switching but no arc, so I have a single opitcal cord from the TV to the rec, however I was not sure with this as the optical cord is in TV in, when the rec. switches from cable to game would I lose my sound or is the optical cord only for sound coming out of the tv like when I use netflix?

My real question is today my Marantz sr 7007 arrives and I know it also is ARC capable. I am hooking up a cable box, apple tv and PS3 to the rec. and a single HDMI out to the tv how do I use the arc so I dont have to run opitcal cord?

sorry for such I new question.

truly
Cory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-15-2013, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 472
According to the copy of the Marantz SR6007 owner's manual I have on hand, you run an HDMI cable from your AVR's ARC-equipped output to the TV's input and adjust settings on the AVR:
Quote:
When using a TV that supports the ARC function, make the following settings.
• Set “HDMI Control” (page 118) to “On”.
• Set “Control Monitor” (page 118) to match the number of the HDMI MONITOR connector connected to the TV that supports the ARC function.
The situation should be similar for the SR70007. And you may have to adjust a setting on the TV as well. The respective owner's manuals should specify what you need to do.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-15-2013, 05:29 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1321
The optical cable is only passing the audio from the TV (eg. OTA, Netflix, or other TV app) to the AVR and then only when the "TV" source is selected on the Onkyo.

You may want to continue using the optical cable as it will generally cause less headaches then HDMI(ARC) as well as possibly pass better audio (ie. DD 5.1).

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/0_100#user_E4

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Marantz Sr6007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page