Karaoke with my Yamaha htr 3064 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-15-2013, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking into purchasing a karaoke setup for my living room. Is there a way that the htr can handle this? I am possibly thinking about using the Martin ranger dvd950 and using the pre outs to run to a pair of active 2 way pa speakers because I am not sure if the home theater speakers would handle live vocals well. Is there a way to run the dvd950 through the htr? But I suppose since different speakers it would make sense to hook the 950 directly to those speakers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
If the Karaoke player has pre-outs, and you have active speakers, I don't know why you would need the AV receiver. You could just output, directly from the Karaoke player, the video over HDMI to the TV and the audio to the active speakers.

If you want to ditch the active speakers in favor of normal home theater speakers, then connecting the HDMI from the Karaoke through the Yamaha, then on to the TV for video should work.

post #3 of 4 Old 10-15-2013, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you jbwIII

Right now there are some ok speakers on the receiver for the surround sound setup. Would you or any one else have reccommendations for more normal home theater speakers that would serve well with live vocals and also sound good for movies and tv? Because if i could eliminate the active speakers and just upgrade the home theaters speakers to suit both uses i would probably lean that direction.
Correction to original post..... it is a htr 6240. 105 w per channel
post #4 of 4 Old 10-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Don't worry about power ratings. Unless you have some 500 watt power amp and bookshelf speakers, or a tiny 20 watt amp and large speakers and a large room, most speakers are going to work fine with most amps. I don't think there's any special magic to picking speakers that will work for singing, music and tv/movies. There are probably a few discussions on the front page of the speaker forum alone that you should start reading...

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Htr 3064 5 1 Channel A V Digital Receiver