rx-a3020 - no sound from sub - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-16-2013, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi all,

i have read through a bit of the forum but still need to ask quite a stupid question...

i just got a new rx-a3020, plugged in same speakers and same sub (it is an older yamaha sub) as my old rxv720 and i dont get any sound from the sub.

there are two sub inputs at back but i dont know which one is for sub 1 or sub 2 - does it matter? 

i havent run ypao yet as i have VAF dcxx's et al in various states of delivery (a whole other story...) waiting to be gien pride of place.

i have tried sub 1 on, sub 2 on, both subs on etc but cant seem to get a sound from the sub when the speakers do there sound test.

any help, what am i doing wrong?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-16-2013, 04:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 190
I've had the same issue with every Yamaha receiver I've owned. It seems like the default settings are to not have a sub. My first guess would be to run ypao. It may test to see of there's something on the sub channel and adjust accordingly. The second is to make sure the fronts are set to small. Set all the speakers to small. The third thing is to look at the sub gain. Set it to 0db. Good luck.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-16-2013, 05:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootross View Post

Hi all,
i have read through a bit of the forum but still need to ask quite a stupid question...

i just got a new rx-a3020, plugged in same speakers and same sub (it is an older yamaha sub) as my old rxv720 and i dont get any sound from the sub.

there are two sub inputs at back but i dont know which one is for sub 1 or sub 2 - does it matter? 

i havent run ypao yet as i have VAF dcxx's et al in various states of delivery (a whole other story...) waiting to be gien pride of place.

i have tried sub 1 on, sub 2 on, both subs on etc but cant seem to get a sound from the sub when the speakers do there sound test.

any help, what am i doing wrong?

thanks!

You said there are two sub inputs on the back. You're supposed to use the sub output. Just want to make sure you're using the correct subwoofer jack.

Otherwise, if you set your speakers to SMALL the sub out should automatically be activated. You should be using the front sub output. Also, plug in the mic and run YPAO, that may solve your problem too.

Afro GT
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx A3020 9 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - A3020 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page