Need to output analog sound from digital inputs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-16-2013, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I need to buy a receiver that can output analog RCA from a variety of digital inputs.  So if I have 3 HDMI inputs coming in (Dish, Apple TV, Bluray), I'd like to have whatever input is selected going out on RCA to my multi-room home audio system (which only has RCA inputs).  I can't hijack the speaker outs because those are powered and I'm going to an amp.  And I can't use the Zone features because that doesn't switch from digital to analog from in to out.  

This seems like it should be pretty easy but I keep getting blocked.  My current receiver has RCA outs on Video 1 but its only for an analog input on Video 1.  Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by traviscook View Post

I need to buy a receiver that can output analog RCA from a variety of digital inputs.  So if I have 3 HDMI inputs coming in (Dish, Apple TV, Bluray), I'd like to have whatever input is selected going out on RCA to my multi-room home audio system (which only has RCA inputs).  I can't hijack the speaker outs because those are powered and I'm going to an amp.  And I can't use the Zone features because that doesn't switch from digital to analog from in to out.  

This seems like it should be pretty easy but I keep getting blocked.  My current receiver has RCA outs on Video 1 but its only for an analog input on Video 1.  Thanks.

Is the receiver in question only going to service the whole house audio setup or will you also be using it to power local speakers?

If it's just serving as the input switcher for the whole house audio then you could use speaker to line level converters off of the speaker outs.

If the receiver is also powering speakers... Do your digital source devices also have analog out you can hookup? You could do that along with the HDMI and the analog would allow it to route to a zone which you could then use to feed your whole house setup.

post #3 of 3 Old 10-16-2013, 02:24 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
The new Denon X3000 and X4000 can pass PCM 2.0 from HDMI/optical/digital coax to Zone 2 pre-outs independent of the main zone source. These models along with the E400 and X1000 can also pass HDMI source audio to the Zone 2 pre-outs using the "All Zone Stereo" setting which would play the same audio as is playing in the main zone.

Review the first 7 posts in the below thread for more info ...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/0_100#post_23134184

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr X3000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr E400 , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page