No audio from front wides... - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-16-2013, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Running X4000 & I am using a Denon AVR 988 as my external amp for 2 sets of speakers. One to run Front Wide, the other to give the X4000 a little more headroom. Set it up like this last month but after sending it to a service shop, cannot figure out exactly how it was all set up before. Here’s what I’ve done…

Ran set of RCA plugs from X4000 pre outs (using Front Wide & Rear Surround jacks) to 988’s Ext In (using Surround L/R & Front A jacks). And then speaker wire from front wides & rear surround goes to the corresponding speaker posts on the 988 (Front A & Surround L/R). Changed settings on 988 to zero all levels (except volume) & run it in Ext In. On the X4000 I changed Amp Assign to 9.1 & chose Front Wide as Main Pre Amps. Even set the Front Wide as on & + 2 on stage. But whenever I run Test Tone there is nothing from the Front Wides. Rear Surrounds are working fine. I tried changing Surround Sound field to ASX (with Wide) & still no go.

What am I missing here? Should I instead be amping the Side Surround on the set up because you cannot ext amp & run both Rear Surround & Front Wide in the 9.1 because you can only ext amp assign one OR the other? Is there something I missed setting up within the 988 menus?

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-16-2013, 02:11 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3722 Post(s)
Liked: 2182
Moved to Denon AVR-E/X Owner's thread ....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/3000_100#post_23843860

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread - X4000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page