Onkyo TX-NR3007 curse no audio and on screen setup menu? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 10-17-2013, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought 3007 in Dec. 2009 and I started have problems with my over 6 days, then I lost my on screen menu. I talked to Onkyo parts and the said the might be willing to extend my warranty to resolve this problem. From I have read, there is no gaurentee that it will resolve the problem. There has been so many cases that the same problem returned after having it repaired.

I accept the fact that has money has gone down the drain, and my question is spending more money to resolve this problem a total waste of my money? Not only does my receiver have the problem, but the entire Onkyo line has a problem with no audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Greetings,

It is your call of course but you're are correct there is no guarantee that having it fixed means the problem will never resurface. There is no question that the Onkyo over various lines have had quality control problems. I experienced it as well and had to move onto another product.

I honestly can't say that I would feel assured that buying another Onkyo would be problem free. It is a shame because when they are working they are incredible for the money.

Good luck.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #3 of 9 Old 10-17-2013, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Ralph;
I waiting on my Pioneer Elite SC-75 to arrive at my local Best Buy today. Needless I got the extended warranty.

Why didn't Onkyo have better quality control because the problem exists thru their entire line from older versions like my 3007 to newer ones.

I happy to say I have not found any negative write ups on Pioneer Receivers like Onkyo.
post #4 of 9 Old 10-17-2013, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

How much have you spent on attempting to get problem resolved maybe $500 - $1K? To me it not worth it.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-18-2013, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

I picked my Pioneer Elite Sc-75 yesterday what an awesome receiver! Nothing like like the heavy beast the 3007 is. I will put the money towards additional rather spending more money for a lost cause.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmhoshino View Post

How much have you spent on attempting to get problem resolved maybe $500 - $1K? To me it not worth it.

Greetings,

My unit was covered 100 % under warranty so the repairs cost me nothing.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #7 of 9 Old 10-18-2013, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Ralph; Yours was under factory warranty, but mine ran out. I sure hope it proves to be a permanent fix for you, and not a problem that returns. Even on this forum, there are way to many about Onkyo receivers having a problem with no audio.nso I would rather put that money towards new speakers for a second zone for my new SC-75.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-19-2013, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmhoshino View Post

I talked to Onkyo parts and the said the might be willing to extend my warranty to resolve this problem.

If onkyo is offering to fix the problem for free, it is worth your time to give them a shot. Now that you have a new avr to enjoy, the long wait will be pain free. You could end up with your 3007 fixed or a newer onkyo... If its all covered by onkyo, its a win-win for you, and maybe someone else as you can list it on CL... I love my 3007, the BTL mode is 300 plus watts per channal, my fronts are very large old shool full range speakers. I'm sure your working 3007 will have no problem finding a new home, for the right price...

Please update this thread about your experiences with onkyo CS..
post #9 of 9 Old 10-19-2013, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

I am still waiting for a credit statement from Best Buy to show proof of purchase, because that is what Onkyo requested to validate the warranty work. So it all depends on whether or not I can produce the receipt. Otherwise I think it will cost a lot to get it repaired.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr3007 140 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Pioneer Elite Sc 75 Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page