receiver/processor with eq - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-20-2013, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Fellas, I'm trying to find a receiver or processor with adjustable parametric eq. I only know of a handful that have this feature as it seems that most use auto room correction. I know the pioneer lineup has this feature, but they don't allow eq below 80hz. I think one of emotiva's processors possesses a parametric eq, but that's about all I know. I'm sure there must be more current units with this feature. Can anyone give me a few suggestions?

Alternatively, can anyone suggest a separate parametric eq unit for use in a 5.2 setup? I know the pro sound market has many choices in this area but properly matching one to home equipment might be difficult. That said, if anyone has used one effectively in their home I'm all ears. This would broaden the choices of receivers/processors even if it would likely be more a expensive route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Yamaha and Pioneer receivers allow you to adjust down to about 63hz.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 100
And yes, the UMC-200 goes all the down to the 20hz area. The Sherbourn 8100 is basically the same unit with amplification, but not sure they gave any more.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnatalli View Post

Yamaha and Pioneer receivers allow you to adjust down to about 63hz.
Ok, I didn't realize Yamaha's products were adjustable. I thought their proprietary auto room eq was all they had. Same limitation as pioneer is unfortunate but still expands options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnatalli View Post

And yes, the UMC-200 goes all the down to the 20hz area. The Sherbourn 8100 is basically the same unit with amplification, but not sure they gave any more.

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind, but I think you're correct in that those are no longer available. Kinda sad when I think about 5 years ago when I never thought I'd need more than 4 hdmi sources. I probably should do some consolidating.

Thank you for your help.

Tags
Emotiva Umc 200 7 1 Home Theater Preamp Surround Processor