Yamaha VS Yamaha, Why do I have to put more volume in to the new one? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-25-2013, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi,

I hade a Yamaha RX-V1500 and have now switched to a Yamaha RX-A1020. In my old V1500 reveiver I usually hade the valume set to about 40-50 db and in some rear cases with music down to 27 db.

This new Reveiver have to be set to about 34 db for regular use? What does this mean? Is the new reveiver weaker then the old one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowjim View Post

Hi,

I hade a Yamaha RX-V1500 and have now switched to a Yamaha RX-A1020. In my old V1500 reveiver I usually hade the valume set to about 40-50 db and in some rear cases with music down to 27 db.

This new Reveiver have to be set to about 34 db for regular use? What does this mean? Is the new reveiver weaker then the old one?

Did you run the calibration program to set the eq's and levels? I'm going to guess that's why the new one isn't as loud. The MCACC auto calibration program set the levels and eq curves so low on my Pioneer VSX-1121, it sounded like a cheap HTIB from a flea market. I went in and bumped everything up manually, changed all the eq curves channel by channel. I trusted the software to set speaker distances, but that's about it. I know I'm going to get jumped on by basically everyone on this forum, but I think those auto calibration programs are massively overrated. They can adjust for room variances, and speaker variances, but they can't adjust for your ears or my ears. If you like things louder, bump the levels on each channel by ear, and set the eq's as you like to hear them.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page