Center channel audio missing when playing Blu-Ray - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-25-2013, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently replaced a Samsung blu-ray player with a Sony BDP-S5100. It's connected through a 5.1 channel Pioneer Elite AV receiver in the VSX line. I'm using the same HDMI cable to connect the new blu-ray player to the receiver as the old one used.

The odd thing is that whenever I play a Blu-Ray disc, the center channel audio does not play. I can resolve this simply by turning the receiver off and on again.

Any idea what the deal is? This was not a problem with the old DVD player (which had other more serious problems which is why I replaced it.)

This problem only seems to happen when playing a Blu-Ray disc, not with regular DVDs or streaming video. Also I could be crazy but it seems to happen only with main feature content, not with preview content on the disc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I recently got a Sony s5100 and I had a similar occurance. I'm also using a Pioneer Elite AVR. My trouble was with the subwoofer not getting a signal. I don't use a center channel so I don't know if it happened there. Does it happen all the time with yours? At first I was afraid my AVR was going bad, but it only happened once so I assumed it was just a glitch. I wonder if it's a problem?

There's nothing to see here.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page