Marantz 8801 and amp not communicating - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-26-2013, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just received the 8801. Other components are (1) Panasonic Plasma TV (2) Oppo 95 (3) Parasound CA51 5 channel Amp (4) REL powered subwoofer (5) Monitor Audio Gold Main, Center, and Right and Left Surround Speakers. HDMI cables are connected to TV and OPPO with a. Digital Cable to Comcast Cable Box for now until I get another HDMI cable. Ethernet Cable to PC and 8801 shows on computer as part of network. The OPPO HDMI connection is working since when I switch to BlueRay on the 8801 and TV I can see a CD play, but no sound.
Problems: (a) No sound from speakers. I believe I connected the Amp to the 8801 correctly, but maybe not. The amp worked fine with my previous set up; a McIntosh MX130 and MSD4 (b) The 8801 no longer displays the Set Up or anything when I switch to the HDMI channel connection on the TV, (c) I skipped the Audyssey set up but can no longer get back to set up on the TV. (d) there is a set up button on the remote, which doesn't change the 8801 screen.

I know this is long, but it's been frustrating and befuddling, and feel I must have missed something simple. I have downloaded the manual and looked through it, to no avail.

I appreciate any suggestions and solutions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-26-2013, 05:52 PM

try unplugging the microphone and then plug back in.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-26-2013, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaudarg View Post

Just received the 8801. Other components are (1) Panasonic Plasma TV (2) Oppo 95 (3) Parasound CA51 5 channel Amp (4) REL powered subwoofer (5) Monitor Audio Gold Main, Center, and Right and Left Surround Speakers. HDMI cables are connected to TV and OPPO with a. Digital Cable to Comcast Cable Box for now until I get another HDMI cable. Ethernet Cable to PC and 8801 shows on computer as part of network. The OPPO HDMI connection is working since when I switch to BlueRay on the 8801 and TV I can see a CD play, but no sound.
Problems: (a) No sound from speakers. I believe I connected the Amp to the 8801 correctly, but maybe not. The amp worked fine with my previous set up; a McIntosh MX130 and MSD4 (b) The 8801 no longer displays the Set Up or anything when I switch to the HDMI channel connection on the TV, (c) I skipped the Audyssey set up but can no longer get back to set up on the TV. (d) there is a set up button on the remote, which doesn't change the 8801 screen.

I know this is long, but it's been frustrating and befuddling, and feel I must have missed something simple. I have downloaded the manual and looked through it, to no avail.

I appreciate any suggestions and solutions.

Did you go through the initial setup wizard when it prompted you to input your connection methods i.e rca or xlr for amp connections? also be sure you're using the preamp outs and not the 7.1 inputs
post #4 of 5 Old 10-26-2013, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

When I originally set up it because of the number of my speakers, I naively hooked into the 7.1 lines, which looks like my error. I pulled the cables and unplugged the Marantz and reentered the cables in the pre-outs, but still no sound. Is there a way to start over?

Thanks
post #5 of 5 Old 10-27-2013, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

I'm good. I reset the processor which allowed me to get back into the set up so I could start over and follow instructions more carefully. Thanks for the help.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Av8801
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page