refurbished receiver with audessey... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 10-26-2013, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
 
LAVIATHAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

looking for a refurbished 5.1 receiver. trying to save a little money. i need pre-outs, atleast 5 hdmi connects, and android app. ive been searching on ACCESORIES4LESS. budget is $400. seems like i find the perfect receiver and then... it doesnt have pre-outs. i have a Emotiva XPA2. like to have plenty of power to my mains. thanx

LAVIATHAN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 10-26-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
arnyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 14,382
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked: 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAVIATHAN View Post

looking for a refurbished 5.1 receiver. trying to save a little money. i need pre-outs, atleast 5 hdmi connects, and android app. ive been searching on ACCESORIES4LESS. budget is $400. seems like i find the perfect receiver and then... it doesnt have pre-outs. i have a Emotiva XPA2. like to have plenty of power to my mains. thanx

Increase your budget by at least $300.
arnyk is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 10-26-2013, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter
 
LAVIATHAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post


Increase your budget by at least $300.

ok... suggestions?

LAVIATHAN is offline  
post #4 of 11 Old 10-26-2013, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
 
LAVIATHAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
LAVIATHAN is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 10-26-2013, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter
 
LAVIATHAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

thanx for the help. this forum is awesome!

LAVIATHAN is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 10-26-2013, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter
 
LAVIATHAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

???????????????????????????????????????????

LAVIATHAN is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 10-26-2013, 10:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
67jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 793
I was going to help you, but then I noticed your tantrum and thought better of it. Good luck.

I don't need snobs to tell me how to think, thank you!
67jason is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 10-26-2013, 10:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAVIATHAN View Post

looking for a refurbished 5.1 receiver. trying to save a little money. i need pre-outs, atleast 5 hdmi connects, and android app. ive been searching on ACCESORIES4LESS. budget is $400. seems like i find the perfect receiver and then... it doesnt have pre-outs. i have a Emotiva XPA2. like to have plenty of power to my mains. thanx
If you only need preouts for your XPA2 then get a slimline Marantz. It has preouts for the front channels.

Marantz 1603. Has preouts for the mains only but that's all you need for your XPA2.
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MARNR1603/MARANTZ-NR1603-SlimLine-AV-Receiver-7.1ch-with-Networking-and-AirPlay/1.html


Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 10-26-2013, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter
 
LAVIATHAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post


If you only need preouts for your XPA2 then get a slimline Marantz. It has preouts for the front channels.

Marantz 1603. Has preouts for the mains only but that's all you need for your XPA2.
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MARNR1603/MARANTZ-NR1603-SlimLine-AV-Receiver-7.1ch-with-Networking-and-AirPlay/1.html

hmmm... nice suggestion. i think im sold on the Yamaha V671. i'll get this if it has preouts  http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V671-7-1-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B004QR56SE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382850819&sr=8-2&keywords=RX-V671

LAVIATHAN is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 10-27-2013, 03:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
67jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 793
try here lots of good stuff. wink.gif


apologize for your tantrum and maybe i will make a better effort to help you.

I don't need snobs to tell me how to think, thank you!
67jason is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 10-27-2013, 07:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAVIATHAN View Post

hmmm... nice suggestion. i think im sold on the Yamaha V671. i'll get this if it has preouts  http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V671-7-1-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B004QR56SE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382850819&sr=8-2&keywords=RX-V671

That RX-671 has a set out audio outs, not preouts. Those audio outs wont work with digital sources so you're out of luck.

If you're willing to spend $450 or $500 look at the Marantz 5006 or 5007.

The 5006 has front preouts and the 5007 had a full set of preouts. And they use Audyssey MultEQ XT. That Yamaha 671 uses YPAO which isn't as good in my opinion.
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MARSR5006/Marantz-SR5006-AV-Receiver-with-Networking-and-AirPlay/1.html
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MARSR5007/MARANTZ-SR5007-100w-x7-NetworkingTheater-Receiver-w/AirPlay-3D-4K/1.html

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off